Casey Conrad, BA, JD, has been in the health and fitness industry for 27 years. In addition to authoring “Selling Fitness: The Complete Guide to Selling Health Club Memberships,” she has created and published over 25 other sales, marketing and management training products for the industry.
Most recently Casey has created an entire line of comprehensive training programs that are delivered online at Health Club Sales Training. These include membership sales, personal training sales and internet marketing. She has spoken in 24 countries, is a feature presenter at conventions and trade shows worldwide and writes monthly for numerous international magazines.
Casey first appeared in Show 31 when we talked about sales processes; how to ask for referrals, sales tips for PTs and what areas fit biz owners need to focus on to improve sales.
This time, Casey talks us through the journey of a sales person, from hiring to managing, to training and performance management plus more!
Also, later in the show, we hear from Tom Kalka from Sergeant’s Fitness Concepts, a regular listener of the show and huge advocate of the power of podcasts.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:24 – May Download Milestones
- 04:09 – Casey Conrad – hurdles on the road to success
- 06:30 – What’s the first step in the journey of hiring a sales person?
- 08:55 – Mandatory key phrases for your sales person job description
- 10:14 – What’s the ideal interview process for a sales person?
- 17:05 – What additional training should you give a sales person?
- 19:39 – What’s the emphasis in sales training?
- 21:23 – How long until we can hold sales people accountable for their targets?
- 25:20 – How do we manage an underperforming sales person?
- 30:50 – Casey’s FitBizperation Tips!
- 35:09 – Sponsor message from REX Roundtables
- 35:50 – Listener interview – Tom Kalka from Sergeant’s Fitness Concepts
- 49:40 – Top take-aways from this weeks show
- 50:50 – Quick Fire Five with Bill McBride
Top Tips From The Show
If you haven’t had hurdles in your career or life – you’re not trying hard enough.
It’s the ability to handle the failure and keep moving, that makes you successful.
When it comes to recruiting a sales person, look for someone who is a natural networker.
Regardless of their experience, your sales people should continue to role play every week!
When you have a sales person that doesn’t succeed, then always check what’s happening with their manager, because it ultimately comes back to a training issue.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
It’s the ability to handle the failure and keep moving, that makes you successful – Casey Conrad
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tim Keightley – Show 25
Michelle Segar – Show 33
Casey Conrad – Show 31
Bill McBride – Show 6
Justin Tamsett – Show 18, Show 22 and Show 48!
Group Fitness – Show 50
Bill Moore – Show 49
Jeb Blount – Show 51 and Show 52
Lisa Maltman – Show 39
An Coppens – Show 45
Sean Bestor – Show 35 & Show 36
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!