Jeb Blount is the best-selling author of seven books including Fanatical Prospecting, People Follow You, People Buy You. He is a Sales Acceleration specialist who helps organizations reach peak performance fast!
Through his companies – Sales Gravy, Channel EQ, and Innovate Knowledge, he advises many of the world’s leading organizations and their executives on the impact of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills on sales, leadership, customer experience, channel development, and strategic account management.
During this weeks show, Jeb talks about the human element in connecting with customers, he shares advice on retention in a 24/7 fitness center model and he gives us the 5 most important questions to ask in sales.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:57 – Introducing Jeb Blount
- 05:33 – Hurdles on the road to success
- 06:45 – Why did you write “People Buy You”?
- 08:57 – What does ‘Likeability’ mean?
- 12:00 – How can fitness businesses make the 24/7 model really work?
- 15:00 – Have sales teams lost sight of the people connection?
- 18:32 – 5 most important questions asked in sales
- 20:44 – How would you define rapport?
- 26:20 – Sponsor message from Active Management
- 26:58 – People expert Leisl Klaebe talks about DISC profiling
- 35:42 – Top take aways from this weeks show
- 36:30 – Whats coming next week?
Top Tips From The Show
The human experience is far more important than anything else.
Although technology is driving customer experiences, studies show that it’s how customers interact and how they feel about the people in your business, that will have more of an affect on their decision to choose you.
Someone will do business with you if you can bridge their problems with your solutions, and do it in a way that you use their language (which you learnt because you were listening to that person).
People don’t buy for your reasons, they buy for their reasons.
When your prospect is talking, your mouth needs to be shut. When you listen, you make them feel important.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Likeability is the gateway to human connection – Jeb Blount
People don’t buy for your reasons, they buy for their reasons – Jeb Blount
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Mo Hagan – Show 46
An Coppens – Show 45
Lisa Maltman – Show 39
Justin Tamsett – Show 5
Debora Warner – Show 23
Best of Women In Fitness – Show 40
Lexie Griffiths – Show 44
Justin Tamsett – Show 43
The Best of the Boys – Show 41
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!