Justin Tamsett is the Managing Director of Active Management. He has managed and owned fitness clubs since 1990, and now travels the globe speaking on topics from business skills to work-life balance. During this episode he shares updates from the Industry Leader roundtables, we learn valuable insights from a Harvard Business Review study and he explores the consumer trend called, Tinderisation!
During this episode, JT talks about:
- The importance of accurately tracking leads in order to understand the effectiveness of your marketing dollars
- Why your business vision and mission must become a part of your team DNA
- And what exactly Tinder has to do with your gym members!
This episode also features our podcast marketing expert, Sharon, who shares tips on identifying your podcast and the importance of truly understanding your target market.
We hear an update from Pam O’Donnell of The IHRSA Institute, plus get a taste of one of our new show sponsors, Visual Fitness Planner, a must for PTs and gym owners to check out!
- 00:55 – Introduction to Justin Tamsett – Managing Director of Active Management
- 01:40 – Update from JT – The importance of accurately tracking leads
- 06:41 – Making your business mission and vision part of your team DNA
- 09:05 – Harvard Business Review Case Study – The Georgia Aquarium
- 14:00 – Tinderisation – what does it mean for your fitness business?
- 22:09 – Visual Fitness Planner – your key to selling more memberships and PT
- 25:15 – Identifying your podcast with Sharon
- 29:23 – The IHRSA Institute – Chat with Pam O’Donnell
Top Tips From The Show
- In order to accurately understand your business and the effectiveness of your marketing dollars, make sure you track every single lead – regardless if they become a client or not.
- Your team should know and understand your business vision, mission and core values so these elements become part of the team DNA.
- In 2015 consumers desire convenience, reduced costs and improved status we need to learn how to truly understand our customers in order to attract more of them!
- When it come to collecting and recording leads, we need to strip back our processes and make sure we are getting it right
- People want to connect, what are we doing to connect them? Your gym staff are like hosts at a party, are your team members encouraging members to meet each other?
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“If your going to have a business mission, vision and core values, you need to go to the extent of ensuring your team know what they are!” Justin Tamsett
“ If we want to be successful moving forward, we need to connect people – How can we connect our customers better?” Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Justin Tamsett – Active Management
Georgia Aquarium Case Study: https://hbr.org/2015/01/boosting-demand-in-the-experience-economy
Trendwatching – www.Trendwatching.com
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast! Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!