Lisa Maltman recently launched a business called The Sleep Connection. With a professional background in Corporate and Sleep Health, as well as her personal experience, Lisa shares insights into the impact sleep has on all aspects of our lives, our business, our teams and our clients.
- 01:00 – Introduction to todays show
- 01:45 – The Podcast Olympics Medal Winners!
- 03:21 – Introducing Lisa Maltman
- 04:45 – How does sleep affect different areas of our life?
- 07:03 – How important is sleep to our Metabolism?
- 10.21 – How does sleep affect Mental Health?
- 12.29 – How much sleep is enough?
- 15:20 – Can staff performance be related to sleep deprivation?
- 17:01 – How can we help our staff and members sleep better?
- 20:16 – What are the statistics around kids sleep patterns
- 22.27 – Top 10 Tips for overcoming sleep deprivation
- 27:11 – Message from Visual Fitness Planner
- 29:18 – Introducing Leisl Klaebe
- 33.53 – Podcast Wrap
Top Tips From The Show
In business, its essential to create a culture that understands the benefits of sleep in all aspects of our life.
Consider implementing a sleep survey or diary for members, clients or staff to better understand individuals sleep patterns and the affect on performance.
The perceived level of physical exertion during exercise increases when you are sleep deprived.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
The perceived level of physical exertion during exercise increases when you are sleep deprived – Lisa Maltman
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Visual Fitness Planner
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!