Justin Tamsett, the Managing Director of Active Management, has travelled the globe in the last 12 months working out in 39 different gyms, cross fit boxes and personal training studios. In this show he shares his insights and learning’s from his experience in niche, boutique clubs in the fitness mecca called New York City! You will pick up tips on where to find good people to work for you. You will also hear about consumer trends around using wait time.
Finally, JT explains what REX Roundtables are and how you can find out more in order to #GROW your business.
- 01:52 – Understanding the consumer better
- 03:48 – The coolest way to fill consumer waiting time!
- 05:51 – The best gyms around the globe and what makes them so great
- 08:35 – Discovering the ‘wow’ factor in your gym
- 14:33 – Maximizing the group fitness experience in your club
- 17:35 – Whats the best Group Fitness model – rock up or book in?
- 25:01 – How to find the best people for your fitness business
- 31:18 – 90 Interview questions to get your hands on!
- 31:52 – Why you should join an industry roundtable group
Resources and Links Mentioned In This Episode
Tweetables: Share The Knowledge to #GROW
Chantals Top Tips From Todays Show
- Todays consumers have zero time for waiting, if there is any waiting time in our fitness business, we have to kill it or fill it
- An amazing fitness experience can be achieved by recruiting the right people
- The atmosphere in a group fitness studio can be enhanced by grouping people closer together –Grouped together = more energy & better cost efficiency for your studio
- Always be looking for people, create yourself a reserve bench of great people for your team
- Interview candidates in different scenarios and different locations to truly find the right people for your business
“I don’t think it matters what your business type is, but every day, every week, there is a PR opportunity out there for you. There’s a story there for you, in your business, that would make the media”.
“What PR does, is build our brand position in the market place, as an expert”.
“I think there’s great opportunities for clubs to do better PR”.
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! You could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!