In this weeks show, JT from Active Management shares some new research about the role of people in our business, he asks the question are we paying them enough attention and should there be a stronger focus on Human Resources in our businesses.
We then dive into demographics and how we can no longer assume that traditional segmentation is relevant, and as a result, he gives us insights on what we need to do to better understand our customers.
Also in this weeks show, we here from Tribe Team Training, the complete small group training business system that’s helping clubs make more money without having to sell more memberships.
- 00:39 – Happy Podtober!
- 02:48 – Our favourite bits from Show 21 with Robbie Kellman Baxter
- 04:30 – The latest research around people in our businesses and what we need to do to re-focus our attention around HR
- 16:49 – Why traditional demographics are no longer enough
- 27:00 – What we need to know about our customers
- 30:10 – Tribe Team Training
- 33:07 – Details of our Podtober Giveaway!
- 33:54 – Podcast wrap
Top Tips From The Show
- Many employees value a catch up with the leaders of an organization, above money.
- Business owners need to change the focus of HR, we need to focus on it more.
- Aim to learn from within and outside the fitness industry
- A strong brand will attract quality candidates and you may be able to have a lower payroll because of the status working for the brand.
- We need to not focus on the demographics, but rather the needs of people.
- We need to be able to identify and name 5 things our customers / avatar wants on their life wish list.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
There are a few, if any, products, services or experiences can remain siloed to one demographic. We need to not focus on the demographics, but rather the needs of a group of people – Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Show 21 – Robbie Kellman Baxter
WIN – The Membership Economy!
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!