16 Oct 022 Justin Tamsett – Focus Your Attention On Human Resources And Why Not To Rely on Traditional Demographics for Your Marketing
In this weeks show, JT from Active Management shares some new research about the role of people in our business, he asks the question are we paying them enough attention and should there be a stronger focus on Human Resources in our businesses.
We then dive into demographics and how we can no longer assume that traditional segmentation is relevant, and as a result, he gives us insights on what we need to do to better understand our customers.
Also in this weeks show, we here from Tribe Team Training, the complete small group training business system that’s helping clubs make more money without having to sell more memberships.
Top Tips From The Show
- Many employees value a catch up with the leaders of an organization, above money.
- Business owners need to change the focus of HR, we need to focus on it more.
- Aim to learn from within and outside the fitness industry
- A strong brand will attract quality candidates and you may be able to have a lower payroll because of the status working for the brand.
- We need to not focus on the demographics, but rather the needs of people.
- We need to be able to identify and name 5 things our customers / avatar wants on their life wish list.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
There are a few, if any, products, services or experiences can remain siloed to one demographic. We need to not focus on the demographics, but rather the needs of a group of people – Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Follow JT on Twitter
Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
Health Club Management Magazine
Tribe Team Training
Show 21 – Robbie Kellman Baxter
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
[Tweet “”People are still such a critical factor in our business” @JTActiveMgmt”]
[Tweet “”We need to spend more time with our people” @JTActiveMgmt”]
[Tweet “”We need to elevate human resources in our daily task list” @JTActiveMgmt”]
[Tweet “”We need to remember the people in our business” @JTActiveMgmt”]
[Tweet “”Focus on the here and now” @JTActiveMgmt”]
[Tweet “”Walk away from time-wasting!” @JTActiveMgmt”]
[Tweet “”The consumer is now behaving in more ways that we simply don’t expect” @JTActiveMgmt”]
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!