Robbie Kellman Baxter is the author of The Membership Economy. A book that shows you how to radically rethink how your organization can build loyalty, viral growth, and recurring revenue.
During this interview, Robbie takes us through her version of the sales acquisition funnel, we talk about displaying membership rates on your website, we delve into Superusers, what they mean to your business and what we can do to stimulate existing members to become Superusers. She talks to us about why the first 30 days is so critical in building behaviours plus shares her top 3 tips for fitness businesses to grow.
- 00:40 – Happy Podtober!
- 01:00 – Introduction to Robbie Kellman Baxter and The Membership Economy
- 03:45 – What inspired you to write The Membership Economy
- 07:00 – Can you explain the sales chute?
- 09:24 – What do you think of the ‘trial’ model for the fitness industry?
- 13:00 – Thoughts on putting membership rates on our website
- 16:00 – Can you explain the concept of Superusers and what they mean to a business? (What gym owners can learn from Crossfit boxes from a non-member )
- 19:35 – How can we stimulate existing members to become Superusers?
- 22:45 – Why is the first 30 days so critical in building behaviours?
- 25:30 – Free is a tactic not a strategy – what does this mean and how can we maximise client conversion?
- 30:45 – Three tips to grow your fitness business
- 31:50 – How The Membership Economy is already changing one Australian business!
- 34:07 – REX Roundtable Sponsor Message
- 34:37 – Podtober prize announcement!
- 35:39 – Podcast wrap
Top Tips From The Shows
- Give super users positive results right away, identify what makes a super user in your community, reward a super user for exhibiting the behavior of a Superuser.
- People build behaviors quickly and its very hard to change behavior once they are entrenched.
- From the moment of sign up you want them to have the experience you know works to build that behavior.
- Having the right person introduce a new member is way more important than giving lots of people tours through your facility – its about creating an experience.
- The best way to bring in new members is through your existing members, they might not necessarily need a trial, they might need a tour with an existing member.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
The best membership economy organizations are leveraging both the physical connection of people, along with the online and digital technology that is available today – Robbie Kellman Baxter
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Robbie Kellman Baxter
BONUS Content – The 10 Commandments for Profitable Growth For Fitness Businesses and Book Abstract
Learn all about the Membership Economy in a 4 minute video
The funnel and chute
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!