06 Nov 025 Tim Keightley – How to Achieve Personal Training Excellence And Outstanding Results
Tim Keightley is an experienced visionary, leader and has been the driving force behind some of the most successful health and fitness brands in the world. He has a track record that includes creating the largest personal training business in Europe and elevating some of the most successful in the US to new levels. Tim is also a highly sought after speaker who inspires people with his motivating and captivating presentations about team work and his ‘ONE Team’ philosophies. Most recently Tim was a key executive behind the expansion of Gold’s Gym International as the Executive Vice President of Operations. He is now sharing his knowledge and expertise with leading brands on a variety of projects, as a senior advisor with the Fitmarc and Integerus organizations.
One of Tims key areas of expertise is Personal Training, we ask him how to keep a personal training department motivated, what numbers a Personal Trainer should be evaluated on and 3 tips for growing a Personal Training business.
Top Tips From The Show
- When recruiting new PTs, start by defining what you want your business to stand for, then look at what personal trainer you need to deliver that.
- All Personal Trainers should have a 12 month business plan for the health of their own business.
- Consider including a PT wall within your club or a scrap book of client success stories.
- Involve your PT’s in the business and you will be amazed at how much more they contribute themselves.
- When it comes to clients, its really important we identify what puts a smile on their face, make sure they have FUN “Feeling Unusually Naughty”.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Without great people doing great things, nothing really changes” Tim Keightley
“Business goes where it is invited and stays where it is welcome” Tim Keightley
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Bonus Content – 21 Questions To Your Success!
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
[Tweet “This is a fitness business, people are supposed to enjoy it, have fun and get results @TimDKeightley”]
[Tweet “Seek first to understand, before being understood @TimDKeightley”]
[Tweet “Motivate your Personal Trainers with goals – not money @TimDKeightley”]
[Tweet “Personal Training is a tough job, a lot of people don’t realize that @TimDKeightley”]
[Tweet “Get the best advice you can, by asking your clients for feedback @TimDKeightley”]
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!