Barry’s true passion is getting to know people on a deep level, developing trust, and ingratiating that into long term personal and business relationships. As Vice President with The Elliot Group, Barry co-leads the Strategic BD/Client partner relationships efforts. Barry is sought out for his business acumen with founders, investors, and, leadership teams across the consumer space. Committed to the lifestyle/health/wellness space, Barry spends ample time in this exciting arena.
The Elliot Group is an exclusive executive human search company. Our unparalleled network, built over thirty-five years, promises to deliver the human catalysts that positively impact futures. For 38 years, we’ve been trusted by consumer businesses of all sizes to identify and retain their next generation human capital.
Hiring staff is always a challenging task for any organization, business owner, or operator. Hiring is time consuming and then add in the pressure of finding the perfect candidate and the process can be down right exhausting. Luckily, Barry Herbst joins us today to walk us through the hiring process. In Barry’s interview, will provide tips and insight on how to get to through the process as efficient as possible.
Your Podcast Snapshot
- Is there ever a good time to hire staff?
- Tips to get organized for the hiring search
- Best practice suggestions
- 0:01- Click Here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card
- 0:44- Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 2:00- A message from our podcast partner, Team Rockstar Fit
- 2:35- Intro to this week’s episode
- 3:05- A warm welcome to our guest, Barry Herbst from The Elliot Group
- 5:36- Is there ever a good time to hire staff
- 8:55- Tips to get organized the hiring search
- 10:00- Best practice suggestions once the interview candidates have been selected
- 13:00- Reference check for the new age employee
- 15:15- Thoughts on using a recruitment company
- 16:00- KeepMe Fitbizpiration
- 16:46- Thank you Barry for coming onto the Fitness Business Podcast
- 17:08- The Elliot Group
- 18:44- A message from our friends at MyZone
- 19:03- Quick Fire Five with Bre Robinson from Miami University
- 21:55- THROWBACK Show- 251 How A CrossFit Box Builds Community And Makes $750K In Retail
- 23:11- A message from our founding partner, Active Management
Contact Today’s Guest
This Week’s Throwback Show
This Week’s Podcast Partners