Wellness Entrepreneur Tony De Leede has been in the industry for over 35 years, he brought the Fitness First chain to Australia, launched FitnFast clubs and YogaBar brands, created Move and Mind 123 digital content brands and most recently launched his latest business Wellness Solutions – these are just a few highlights from a long list of his accomplishments! Take a look…
- At the forefront of the Fitness & Wellness industry for over 35 years.
- World renowned innovator in business.
- 1982 Founded Australian Body Works (ABW) which expanded to 23 clubs by 2000.
- 1989 Started Cardio Theatre Holdings and introduced the concept of “Exercise Entertainment” to the international fitness industry.
- 1997 merged Cardio Theatre with ClubCom (a media/content business that works inside the fitness industry). The Cardio Theatre/ClubCom business was sold to Precor in 2002.
- 2000 responsible for designing, building and staffing the first ever Olympic Village Health Club.
- 2000-2008 Partner and Managing Director of Fitness First Australia. Building it into one of the biggest health club groups in the world.
- 2005 launched international multi-award winning 500 acre luxury ‘Lifestyle Retreat’ located in the Gold Coast hinterland called Gwinganna.
- 2005 launched Active Media Group (AMG) providing alternative advertising mediums for both local and national businesses.
- 2011 Opened a new ‘blue sky’ concept called Hotel Komune – a surf retreat, yoga and wellness resort brand in Bali and Coolangatta.
- 2010 Launched FIt n Fast the first brand of budget/time efficient clubs within Australia.
- 2015 launched Qmax Functional Training brand.
- 2016 Launched YogaBar, which offers a range of Yoga, Barre, Pilates and Meditation classes at 7 locations.
- 2016 created and launched Move 123 & Mind 123 digital content brands.
- 2016 acquired a significant interest in Somadome ‘meditation pod’.
- 2018 launched the World’s first Women’s only lifestyle space – Club W.
- 2018 launched Virtual Solutions.
- 2018 launched Wellness Solutions.
- 00:10 Your Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 00:31 Thank you to our podcast partner Precor
- 01:03 What’s coming up on this week show
- 02:04 Message from our podcast partner Precor
- 02:45 Join us at the #FBPFamily Meet Up
- 03:45 What is the definition of Wellness for 2020 and beyond?
- 04:50 Has Wellness evolved over the last 5 years?
- 07:10 What components of wellness should fitness owners be exploring?
- 10:39 Examples of wellness products available
- 13:36 How have Planet Fitness used Hydramassage Chairs to increase revenue?
- 21:42 What will Wellness look like over the next 3 years?
- 26:10 Fitbizpiration: 3 Key Tips for Gyms who want to explore Wellness
- 26:30 Message from our friends at MX Metrics
- 29:37 Message from our podcast partner Team Rock Star Fit
- 29:58 You can win a pair of BOSE Alto Frames Click here for details
- 30:53 Precor Quick Fire Five – Paul Roetzer
- 33:42 REWIND Feature Show: 242 How Loyalty Programs Drive Retention
- 34:07 Join us at the #FBPFamily Meet Up
- 35:10 Join the Active Management Community today!
Did you love today’s episode? Leave a Review here
Contact Today’s Guest, Tony De Leede
Episodes Mentioned In Today’s Show
Precor Quick Fire Five, Paul Roetzer
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Book recommended by Paul Roetzer
REWIND Show This Week
During the interview:
- What to expect when launching a loyalty program
- How to make your program stand out from the crowd
- Tips for launching a successful loyalty program