A global ambassador on the benefits of exercise and living well, Maureen Hagan is Vice President of Program Innovation for GoodLife Fitness and canfitpro –Canadian Fitness Professionals—the largest fitness education and certification organization in Canada.
Mo, as she is known in the fitness industry, is a licensed physiotherapist, a Physical Health Educator and has been recognized for her work in fitness that spans three decades, with numerous awards for innovation, passion and leadership and, was named as one of Canada ’s 20 Most Influential Women in Sport and Physical Activity in 2014.
Most recently, Mo was acknowledged by IHRSA with the ‘Woman Leader Award’ in honor of Julie Main. Mo is a published author and a regular contributor to consumer magazines and online publications including the Huffington Post.
In this weeks show, the focus is on Group Fitness. We look at what group fitness might look like in 5 years time, what the instructor of 2021 should aim for and Mo gives us her top tips on preparing ourselves for group fitness in the future.
- 00:50 – Introduction to this weeks show
- 01:53 – Milestones – Our guests who have reached 500 podcast downloads
- 03:45 – Mo Hagan tells us what the world of Group Fitness will look like in 5 years time
- 09:48 – What will the 2021 Group fitness instructor look like?
- 11:10 – Tips for Group Fitness instructors of the future
- 13:03 – Mo Hagan talks about Winning the Julie Main Woman Leader Award
- 19:30 – Tips on preparing for group fitness in the future
- 22:45 – A message from Active Management
- 23:20 – Top takeaways from this weeks show
- 24:10 – Our people expert Leisl Klaebe talks about EQ around group fitness recruitment
Top Tips From The Show
The future for baby boomers will be all about Mindful Movement, how it makes them feel and how it ties into living their life.
Future instructors need to embrace the power of being a role model, its not about age, its about ability.
The Group fitness instructor of tomorrow will need to be well educated, certified, qualified and belong to an industry body.
The future of group fitness may involve shorter classes (15 – 20 minutes) that run back to back.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Say yes to the best and outsource the rest!” Maureen Hagan
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
Mike Arce – Show 42
Christine Thalwitz – Show 27
Justin Tamsett – Show 26
Justin Tamsett – Show 38
Bill Besselman – Show 28
Brent Darden & Nardia Norman – Show 2
Krista Popowych – Show 9
Dr Paul Bedford – Show 3
Will Phillips – Show 37
Jim Worthington – Show 34
Sean Bestor – Show 36
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!