20 Nov 027 Christine Thalwitz – How to Connect Your Customers, Community Through Charitable Initiatives
Christine Thalwitz has been immersed in the health and fitness industry for more than 20 years. As Vice President of Marketing at acac Fitness & Wellness Centers, she provides leadership for strategies, tactics and resources that support revenue growth, member acquisition and retention, and delivery of acac‘s promise to help others live their best. Christine oversees market research, advertising, promotions, communications, public relations, and media coverage across the company.
During this weeks interview, we talk to Christine about the campaign that acac run each year to support charity – 30 days for $30. She explains what it’s all about, what they have achieved and how it works for the charities and for their business. Then we talk specifically about how others can do something similar, when we ask her:
- Where should our listeners start if they were to run such a campaign?
- What are 3 key factors to make it successful?
- What are 3 things to be aware of as they progress down the road with this campaign?
- What are 3 pieces of advice you would pass on from all your experience?
Top Tips From The Show
- It’s important to see the gym through our customers eyes, take the time to understand what are their fears when first considering joining a gym.
- Take every aspect into account, from bathrooms to bath towels, layout to music and website design its essential to truly understand what your customer wants – build the club from outside in.
- Before embarking on a charity campaign, ensure the campaign part of your company’s core values. Does it resonate with your audience, is there an organic tie in?
- Consider, is this partnership going to stand out in your marketplace? Make sure you pick a great partner, a great charity, tell stories, get actively involved in the charity you are supporting (Christine gave the great examples of staff volunteering in kids book readings and helping out at the local food bank).
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“No one should be anonymous in your facility” Christine Thalwitz
“Before embarking on a charity campaign, ensure the campaign part of your company’s core values. Does it resonate with your audience, is there an organic tie in?” Christine Thalwitz
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Follow acac on Facebook
Follow acac on Twitter
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn
Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!