13 Nov 026 Justin Tamsett – How A Little Mystery Can Help You Connect With Your Fitness Clients And Gym Members
Justin Tamsett is the Managing Director of Active Management. He has managed and owned fitness clubs since 1990, and now travels the globe speaking on topics from business skills to work-life balance. During this episode JT talks about:
- On-boarding new members into your gym
- How life experiences influence how we exercise
- How consumers love mystery experiences
- How we can use this consumer trend with our clients and gyms
Top Tips From The Show
According to author, Robbie Kellman-Baxter, on-boarding should involve:
- Providing a road map of what to expect;
- Help the new member get up to speed to your culture; and
- Provide the knowledge and habits to be a successful member in their new community
From Michelle Segars book, No Sweat, we learnt that:
- Whatever meaning your members have to exercise is completely unique to them and has been constructed from their previous interactions with exercise.
When it comes to Mystery Experiences, JT told us that:
- From a young age we are comfortable with mystery and this trend is now starting to gain traction with the modern consumer.
- The chance of a mystery experience or participation for an unknown outcome all in the name of fun is what they are seeking!
- Control and choice are the default expectations of most consumers. But we will see a rising number of consumers happy for you to make the choice for them.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Whatever meaning your members have to exercise is completely unique to them and has been constructed from their previous interactions with exercise. Justin Tamsett
When we choose to make movement or activity a regular part of our life for a personally compelling reason, as well as choosing to move in a way that feels good to us, we are more likely to exercise and maintain it. Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!