Susan Fowler implores leaders to stop trying to motivate people. In her bestselling book, WHY MOTIVATING PEOPLE DOESN’T WORK… AND WHAT DOES: The New Science of Leading, Engaging, and Energizing, Susan educates leaders on motivation best practices based on solid science communicated through compelling storytelling, case studies, and real-life examples.
Susan is dedicated to providing leaders around the world with a cutting-edge framework, dynamic model, and pragmatic course of action to shape workplaces where people flourish while producing sustainable results.
Susan is a professor in the Masters of Science in Executive Leadership program for the University of San Diego. She is a global speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach, Susan is also the author of by-lined articles, peer-reviewed research, and six books, including the bestselling Self Leadership and The One Minute Manager with Ken Blanchard.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 04:04 – Meeting Susan Fowler
- 05:46 – Hurdles along the road to success
- 14:51 – Crucial questions that leaders need to ask every day – Question number 1
- 21:03 – Question number 2
- 27:01 – Question number 3
- 29:42 – Partner message from Precor
- 30:10 – Top 3 tips for building world class culture in our workplace
- 31:55 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Chuck Runyon
- 33:52 – This weeks take-away
- 34:27 – BONUS Segment – Listener interview with Karmen Nenahlo
Top Tips From The Show
We just have one take-away today, it’s so important that we didn’t want to dilute it, so here it is:
At the end of every day, rather than focusing solely on numbers and data, ask your team, what did you do today that was meaningful, what did you do today that made you feel good because you contributed to someone else’s wellbeing.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
What did you do today that made you feel good because you contributed to someone else’s wellbeing? – Susan Fowler
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Book Recommended by Susan Fowler
Man’s Search for Meaning
Book Recommended by Chuck Runyon
Show 31 – Casey Conrad
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!