Tim Keightley is an experienced visionary leader and has been the driving force behind some of the most successful health and fitness brands in the world. He has a track record that includes creating the largest personal training business in Europe and elevating some of the most successful in the US to new levels. Tim is also a highly sought after speaker who inspires people with his motivating and captivating presentations about team work and his ‘ONE Team’ philosophies. Most recently Tim was a key executive behind the expansion of Gold’s Gym International as the Executive Vice President of Operations. He is now sharing his knowledge and expertise with leading brands on a variety of projects, as a senior advisor with the Fitmarc and Integerus organizations.
Tim first appeared in Show 25 when we talked about recruiting personal trainers, evaluating their performance and keeping them motivated. This time, we discussed how to keep personal trainers in your business for longer, the major challenges facing fitness businesses in 2016 and what trends we will see in the industry in the year ahead.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 01:41 – Bronze, Silver and Gold Medal winners for the most downloaded shows in May
- 02:44 – Happy Birthday messages from our friends!
- 03:44 – Welcome to Tim Keightley
- 06:51 – Tim Keightley hurdles on the road to success
- 10:16 – What are the major challenges that impact PTs in building their businesses?
- 14:23 – What has been the biggest challenge for gym owners in 2015 / 2016?
- 18:38 – How do we reduce the turnover of personal trainers?
- 24:34 – Upcoming fitness industry trends in the next 12 – 24 months
- 28:18 – Best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- 33:40 – Top Tips from Tim
- 36:00 – Sponsor message from Active Management
- 37:47 – Special gift for all listeners from Active Management
- 38:17 – Quick Fire Five with Casey Conrad
Top Tips From The Show
Hire on Personality, Character, Attitude – not just on education and sales skills ….WE can train everything from a skill perspective but can only encourage bringing out the Personality, Character and Attitude that matches your vision for your team.
Train, develop and reward and encourage in all areas of business performance and success…e.g. business planning, communications, group training, specialties, sales, service, results attainment, education, innovation of FUN and psychology!
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
The only regret you have in life is if you didn’t do something – Tim Keightley
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tim’s past life having fun!
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!