Amy Thompson is a national account executive for Les Mills USA, she is experienced in leading operations, sales, training and programming for her own studio, several multi-club fitness chains and franchise fitness brands.
Amy is an advocate for the fitness industry and volunteers in positions including Program Director Committee Chair for IDEA, Advisory Panel for ACE and Chair of the Advisory Board for the National Personal Training Institute.
One of the first ways I got to know Amy was through the incredible group she founded, the Fitness Professionals Networking Group where nearly 27,000 professionals share, collaborate and support each other’s businesses.
In her current role with Les Mills, Amy consults with business owners and executives to increase membership, to engage and retain members and to future-proof their clubs.
She was the IDEA Program Director of the Year Award Finalist 2016 & 2017 and IDEA Fitness Leader of the Year Finalist in 2018.
During this weeks show, we talk about the relationship between group fitness and member retention, the effect virtual fitness has on the member experience, why its important to go back to basics with our class names and schedules and how to use Group exercise to optimize retention.
What you’ll learn
- The relationship between group fitness and member retention
- The effect virtual fitness has on the member experience
- Why its important to go back to basics with our class names and schedules
- How to use group exercise to optimize retention
- 00:43 Thank you to this months premier podcast partner Team Rock Star Fit
- 03:29 Welcome to Amy B Thompson
- 03:48 Latest research on the relationship between group fitness and member retention
- 06:28 What effect does Virtual Fitness have on the member experience
- 10:06 Using group fitness to improve member retention
- 14:59 What role do group fitness instructors play?
- 20:04 Fitbizpiration How to use Group exercise to optimize retention
- 23:16 Message from our partner Tribe Team Training
- 22:49 Take a look at the #FBPFamily Discounts Page
- 23:30 Precor Quick Fire Five with Mike Arce
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Book recommended by Mike Arce – Outwhitting the Devil