This week our guest is Justin Tamsett, the Managing Director of Active Management. He has managed and owned fitness clubs since 1990, and now travels the globe speaking on topics from business skills to work-life balance.
It’s been a few months since our last catch up, so this weeks show is a little bit of a mixed bag. We chat about a marathon, snapchat, email marketing and role play – there is lots of ground to cover!
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:11 – Welcome back to JT
- 03:34 – How did injury effect mindset in the lead up to the marathon.
- 08:12 – Listener question: what social media platform should we be on?
- 11:20 – Do so many new models in the fitness market make it confusing?
- 16:00 – How many emails are too many emails for clients?
- 19:28 – Take-aways from shows 51 and 52 with Jeb Blount
- 25:00 – Role play for sales staff
- 27:50 – Updates from the Active Management membership
- 31:07 – Sponsor message from Active Management
- 31:45 – Top take-aways from this weeks show
- 33:18 – Quick Fire Five with Vickie Saunders
Top Tips From The Show
Focus on the social media platforms that your clients are on and have the discipline to do that really well.
Learn from different models in the fitness market – but don’t get confused by them. Stick to what you believe is right for your business.
Every email you send to your clients must add value.
If people don’t trust and connect with us, then we have to sell to them – which we want to avoid!
Role play isn’t evil, you can make it fun like a game. Every professional sporting team practices before a game, so we should be no different.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Every email you send to your clients must add value” – Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!