08 Feb 481 Mindy Weinstein: The Power of Scarcity in Marketing
Mindy Weinstein, PhD, has been named one of the top women in digital marketing globally. Founder of the digital marketing firm Market MindShift, she has trained thousands of professionals from organizations of all sizes, including Facebook and World Fuel Services. She has a Ph.D. in psychology, and is a marketing instructor at Grand Canyon University, as well as a program leader for The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and The Columbia Business School. Mindy is also the author of The Power of Scarcity: Leveraging Urgency and Demand to Influence Customer Decisions.
Scarcity is a powerful influence factor, and it can be used in marketing to drive sales and create excitement. Scarcity is not just about emails saying sell out fast or buy now. It is a multi-layered concept that requires further exploration. Mindy was motivated to explore the concept further due to their PhD in psychology, which focuses on understanding what motivates people.
what you’ll learn
- What is Scarcity Marketing?
- How the Consumer Brain Reacts to Scarcity?
- Using FOMO to Get People to Join Your Gym
- Top 3 Tips for Using Scarcity in Marketing
- How Age and Generation Affects Response
- Choice Anxiety: Do People Want a Choice or a Choice Made for Them?