Verne Harnish is founder of the world-renowned Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), with over 14,000 members worldwide, and chaired for fifteen years EO’s premiere CEO program, the “Birthing of Giants” held at MIT, a program in which he still teaches today.
Founder and CEO of Scaling Up, a global executive education and coaching company with over 180 partners on six continents, Verne has spent the past three decades helping companies scaleup.
He’s the author of the bestseller Mastering the Rockefeller Habits which is translated into 9 languages; and along with the editors of Fortune, authored The Greatest Business Decisions of All Times, for which Jim Collins wrote the foreword. His latest book Scaling Up (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) has won eight major international book awards including the prestigious International Book Award for Best General Business book.
Verne also chairs the annual ScaleUp Summits in collaboration with Bloomberg and serves on several boards including chair of The Riordan Clinic; co-founder and chair of Geoversity; and board member of the Million Dollar Women’s movement. A private investor in many scaleups, Verne enjoys piano, tennis, and magic as a card-carrying member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians.
Your Podcast Snapshot:
- Developing a meeting schedule to create momentum in your business
- Daily, weekly and monthly meeting structure and inclusions
- Tips for launching and maintaining a meeting culture
- 00:09 Your Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 00:31 Thank you to our podcast partner MYZONE
- 00:57 What’s coming up on this week show
- 03:02 Message from our podcast partner MYZONE
- 03:22 Welcome to Verne Harnish with this weeks Precor Quick Fire Five
- 06:01 What is a good meeting schedule to create momentum
- 10:05 How can we involve part-time or casual staff in team meetings
- 12:12 How important is it to have a consistent day or time for our meetings
- 13:52 Agenda sample for a monthly meeting
- 15:33 What is one key lesson for fitness owners
- 19:03 What should our focus be for strategic meetings
- 22:54 Meeting basics Q&A
- 27:52 Message from our friends at Loud Rumor
- 28:30 Fitbizpiration: 3 tips on launching and maintaining a meeting culture
- 29:22 Check out Vernes 2020 Scaling Up events in 2020 (links below)
- 31:28 Message from our podcast partner Precor
- 32:04 Announcing the winners of our BOSE Alto Frames competition
- 32:37 Precor Quick Fire Five – Special 4 part series in Jan 2020
- 33:15 REWIND Feature Show: Luke Carlson: Identifying Your Core Purpose Makes Your Fitness Business Unique
- 34:34 Join us at the #FBPFamily Meet Up at IHRSA 2020
- 35:26 Join the Active Management Community today!
Did you love today’s episode? Leave a Review here
Resources and links from todays guest, Verne Harnish
Books recommended by Verne Harnish
This Weeks Rewind Show
During the episode you will learn:
- The importance of having a clear core purpose and core values for your business
- Why it is so important to understand what truly makes you different as
- What it means to promise and deliver five star customer service