While studying Exercise and Sports Science at the University of Florida, Shawn Stewart began his career in the fitness industry in 1994 at Gainesville Health & Fitness in Gainesville, FL. He quickly discovered his passion for values based leadership and the power of company culture.
Stewart is an accomplished speaker and educator for the health and fitness industry and has educated fitness professionals all over the world. After 20 years in Gainesville serving as the General Manager for all of the Gainesville Health & Fitness facilities, Stewart is now the Chief Operating Officer for O2 Fitness, based in Raleigh, NC. He oversees the operations of 28 clubs in North and South Carolina.
What you’ll learn
- The 5 key enemies of listening
- Why Adversity Quotient is such an important quality in our leaders and teams
- 3 actions for Fitness Business Leaders to Build an amazing team
- 01:01 Thank you to our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 01:22 Introducing this weeks special guest
- 03:19 Active Listening versus Emphatic Listening
- 06:05 The 5 Enemies of Listening
- 09:22 Potential downfalls of not using emphatic listening
- 10:48 Shawn Stewart Empathic Listening training manual DOWNLOAD HERE
- 11:59 What is AQ – Adversity Quotient?
- 14:28 What is a Quitter, Camper, Climber?
- 18:23 AQ Test described by Shawn DOWNLOAD HERE
- 19:04 Fitbizpiration – 3 actions for Fitness Business Leaders to Build an amazing team
- 24:49 Message from Gym Sales
- 25:30 Bonus Segment – 2019 IHRSA Institute with Michele Melkerson-Granryd
- 29:37 Precor Quick Fire Five with Tyler J McCall
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Shawn Stewart Empathic Listening training manual DOWNLOAD HERE
Find out more about the IHRSA Institute 2019
System mentioned by Tyler J McCall – Monday.com
Book mentioned by Tyler J McCall – You Are a Badass
Precor Quick Fire Five, Tyler J McCall