Luke Carlson is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Discover Strength’s five personal training studios are among the highest volume and revenue training facilities in North America.
Luke speaks around the world on leadership, management, and evidence-based exercise. Luke is an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist and has a BS and MS in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota and graduated from the Executive Leadership, Strategy and Innovation program at Stanford University. He received an Honorary PhD from Solent University in Southhampton, England.
Luke has presented to audiences in a variety of industries across the globe; he has been a featured speaker at FILEX in Australia, TaiSPO in Taiwan, ChinaFit, the Annual IHRSA Convention, the IHRSA European Congress, The Fitness Leaders’ Summit, the European Congress of Sport Science, Mindbody BOLD, Fitness Brazil, and the IHRSA Institute for Health Club Executives. Carlson is one of the top-rated Vistage speakers in North America.
Your Podcast Snapshot
- The difference between leadership and management
- 5 steps to simplify leadership
- 0:06 Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 0:38 Fitness Business Podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 01:06 Hello Fitness Business Podcast family
- 01:43 Luke Carlson’s bio
- 03:06 Fitness Business Podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 03:38 Welcome Luke Carlson
- 08:47 What is the difference between leadership and management
- 11:52 Introduction to the 5 steps to simple leadership
- 12:04 Step One: Give a Clear Direction
- 16:09 Step Two: Providing the Necessary Tools
- 20:11 Step Three: Letting Go of the Vine
- 23:30 Step Four: Acting with the Greater Good
- 27:25 Step Five: The Practice of Clarity Breaks
- 34:25 This weeks KeepMe Fitbizpiration: 3 tips to start doing 1 or all of the 5 leadership steps
- 35:29 Back to our show!
- 37:16 Intensive Education Episode Promo with Chantal
- 39:20 Quick Fire Five with Shelley Melville from Anytime Fitness
- 41:35 THROWBACK SHOW: 263 Inside the Total Fitness Personal Leadership Program with CEO Sophie Lawler
- 42:50 Join the Active Management Community FaceBook Page
Contact Today’s Guest
Quick Fire Five Guest
This Week’s Throwback Show
This Week’s Podcast Partners
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)