Darren Jacobson is the Senior Vice President of Instructor Programming for Zumba Fitness LLC based in Miami. He holds a bachelors degree in Human Movement Science and is a featured writer for numerous fitness industry publications. In addition, Darren sits on the IDEA Program Directors Committee and is an IHRSA industry expert in the field of Personal training. Darren was previously with the Virgin Active Group in South Africa as the Head of Product for their chain of 100 plus Health clubs. Darren is a recognised speaker at most major international fitness conventions including IHRSA, IDEA, CAN-FIT-PRO and FILEX and has presented at conventions across South Africa, Canada the USA and Asia.
Your Podcast Snapshot:
- How to choose which group exercise certifications are acceptable and credible?
- Who should pay for ongoing education – the instructor or the facility?
- How to recognise and reward group exercise excellence
- 00:03 Your Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 00:45 Thank you to our podcast partner, One Fit Stop
- 01:21 IMPORTANT Announcement!! Apply to be the next host of The Fitness Business Podcast here
- 02:20 Introducing Darren Jacobson
- 03:59 Thank you to our podcast partner, One Fit Stop
- 04:26 How to choose which group exercise certifications are acceptable and credible
- 18:16 Who should pay for ongoing education – the instructor or the facility?
- 22::41 How to recognise and reward group exercise excellence
- 15:31 What is Hyper Targeting
- 30:01 This weeks Keepme Fitbizpiration
- 31:31 Message from our podcast partner Team Rockstar Fit
- 32:08 Quick Fire Five with Joe De Sena
- 36:45 Message from our podcast partner GymSales
- 37:37 REWIND Show: Group Fitness New Years Resolutions
- 38:05 Thank you to our foundation partner Active Management
Did you love today’s episode? Leave a Review here
Contact Today’s Guest
Quick Fire Five Guest
Book recommendation from Joe De Sena