Dr Paul Bedford has over 20 years experience working in the fitness industry, including roles as a gym instructor, personal trainer, fitness manager and club manager. He has a master’s degree in exercise and health behaviours, and a PhD from the London Sports Institute. The aim of his PhD research was to identify interventions in a gym environment to increase adherence. The study increased average participation from 6 months to 13 months. He then went onto develop a training programme to assist retention that has now been delivered to 25 operators, involving nearly 93 facilities.
Our intensive shows are designed specifically to be like a short course, where you will learn practical steps throughout the episode.
Our expert guest for this show will be walking us through Steps to Creating a Retention Plan for Your Fitness Business.
What you’ll learn
- What data to capture and measure to help you build a retention strategy
- How to build your customer journey to improve your retention.
- VIP Visits and how they effect retention
- Digital intervention. How to use a CRM system for retention rather than sales
- 00:01 Welcome to the ABC Financial Intensive Series
- 00:39 About Dr Paul Bedford
- 02:17 Tips for listening to this show
- 03:55 What data to capture and measure to help you build a retention strategy
- 15:03 How to build your customer journey to improve your retention.
- 26:57 VIP Visits and how they affect retention
- 33:51 Digital intervention. How to use a CRM system for retention rather than sales!
- 46:03 Message from our podcast partner ABC Financial