Carol Michaels is the owner of Carol Michaels Fitness and Recovery Fitness LLC which is a cancer exercise program, developed to improve recovery from cancer surgery and treatments. She is also the IDEA Personal Trainer of the year 2016. During the interview Carol talks about her journey to building Recovery Fitness and also gives us an insight into how she approached and established relationships with the medical industry to help develop and support the program.
Also coming up later in the show is another amazing woman in fitness, Jessica Glazer. I first came across Jess on my Instagram feed, it was her image of a Fitness game for kids that got my attention and I soon found out Jess is an incredible role model and advocate for keeping kids fit, and she shares today a few of the ways she has made fitness FUN!
- 00:00 – Introducing this weeks show
- 04:07 – Meeting Carol Michaels
- 05:40 – Hurdles on the road to success
- 06:54 – The decision to focus on this niche
- 08:11 – Where are the opportunities for growth?
- 10:05 – What was it like to be awarded the IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year?
- 11:43 – How have you built a relationship with the medical industry?
- 14:06 – Where do you get referrals from?
- 16:54 – How do you promote the business?
- 19:42 – When did you start to diversify the business?
- 22:37 – Special Message from our podcast partner – Industry Leaders Roundtable
- 22:56 – Top tips for running a PT business
- 25:04 – BONUS Segment – Jessica Galzer
- 35:41 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Dr Sherry Pagoto
- 39:45 – Top takeaways
Top Tips From The Show
Rather than leave you with our traditional take-aways, this week I want to remind you of some of the key things that Carol said:
- I saw there were so many people suffering from Cancer and they had no where to go to improve their recovery – think about if that sounds familiar in the community you live in.
- I have seen so many people have to drop out of their regular gyms because they couldn’t provide them with the exercise programming that was needed for their particular situation.
- So many side effects can be managed through proper exercise.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Strong relationships and friendships will lead to referrals” – Carol Michaels
“We have to keep fitness FUN!” – Jessica Glazer
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Book Recommendation by QFF Sherry Pagoto
Man’s Search For Meaning
Show 35 – Sean Bestor
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!