Sam Mutimer is the Founder and Director of Social Media at Thinktank Social. During this weeks show you will learn, where you should start to develop a social media strategy, The key components of a Facebook strategy, The key components of a Instagram strategy, Top Tips on developing a social media strategy.
“Work hard, play hard…and with everything you do, do it with enthusiasm and substance or not at all” – Sam Mutimer
A broken leg in 2008 (after playing rugby for England) was the tipping point for me, where I became aware of the true power of social media and how it plays a role in branding and business as a whole.
Not one to rest on my laurels and wait for an opportunity to come knocking, I decided to make the most out of the injury time-out, posting my injury on YouTube as advertising space for businesses to then ‘bid’ for, in order to get their brand seen online.
Unsurprisingly, the video went viral and received over 27,000 views in a matter of weeks.
Watching the volume of inquiries flood through justified the value of great content and solid network connections for brands on social platforms… and an idea was formed.
Upon my return to Australia and becoming actively involved in social media marketing via digital marketing agencies, I launched my own company, Thinktank Social, as a ‘niche’ social media agency – one of Australia’s very first.
In 2016 I saw another gap in the market, and recently opened our doors at Thinktank Scout – focusing on supporting, empowering and setting up athletes for ongoing success pre, during and post career – via social and digital channels.
The educational and training role is a passion of mine that goes with the job – exciting whoever I present to and adding substance and experience along the way… including some powerful case studies from our very own campaigns we have/are working on too!
A few achievements so far: guest lecturer at RMIT, social media resident for Channel 7 news, Today Tonight, SEN radio special guest, SBS radio news commentary, along with speaking interstate and overseas.
What you’ll learn
- Who should use social media to grow their personal brand
- How to develop your personal brand statement
- Why you should be using Instagram and LinkedIn more than you think
- How to find what content style best suits you
- The benefits for a business to have a team member with a strong personal brand
- 00:30 You can WIN a pair of BOSE Quiet Comfort Headphones
- 01:02 Thanks to our friends at Loud Rumor http://loudrumorvt.com
- 02:03 Introducing Sam Mutimer
- 04:47 Who should use social media to grow their personal brand
- 16:03 How to develop your personal brand statement
- 22:51 Why you should be using Instagram and LinkedIn more than you think
- 26:38 How to find what content style best suits you
- 32:09 The benefits for a business to have a team member with a strong personal brand
- 36:35 What outcome can we expect from building our personal brand
- 39:09 Thanks for our podcast partner Myzone
- 39:56 Thank you to our friends at MXMertics
- 40:47 Precor Quick fire five with Matthew Walrath
- 44:09 Join the Active Management Community
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Book recommended by Matthew Walrath: Never Lose a Customer Again
Precor Quick Fire Five, Matthew Walrath