Lisa Bodell is a bestselling author and the Founder and CEO of futurethink. She’s helped thousands of senior leaders at companies like Google, Pfizer, and Lockheed Martin get to the work that matters so they can leapfrog the competition.
As a keynote speaker, Lisa inspires over 100,000 people each year with radical thinking and practical tools that motivate her audiences to take action. Lisa’s latest book, Why Simple Wins, shows organizations and individuals how to eradicate complexity and embrace Simplicity as their new operating system. Her first book, provocatively titled Kill the Company, started this movement for eliminating low-value work to create the space for change to happen.
Lisa has contributed to Fast Company, WIRED, The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, and more. She’s a Global Agenda Council member for the World Economic Forum and an adviser on the Board of the Association of Professional Futurists. She has taught at both American University and Fordham University, and has served as an adviser on Novartis’ Diversity and Inclusion Board.
What you’ll learn
- Embracing a simplicity mindset
- How to focus on what really matters
- Using a compass versus a to-do list
- 00:29 Message from our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 00:54 Whats coming up on this weeks show
- 02:24 Message from our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 03:44 Do most people over complicate business?
- 04:16 What is the simplification tool kit?
- 06:33 How to kill stupid rules in your business
- 10:33 Health and Fitness case study
- 13:39 Tips for embracing the simplicity mindset
- 18:19 What is Lisa speaking about at IHRSA 2018
- 20:40 Precor Quick Fire Five with Dom dos Remedios
Precor Quick Fire Five
Resources shared in the show
Lisa Bodell | Website
Simplification tool kit http://amzn.to/2FQZ3UR
Dom dos Remedios in Precor Quick Fire Five : The Productivity Planner http://amzn.to/2EUIgyW