Rick has been in the health club industry for 44 years as club owner, operator, Chairman of the 10th largest U.S. club company and as a consultant of over 3,000 assignments. Rick runs 2 major industry events, sits on Boards and Advisory Boards of several companies serving the club industry. He wrote the Financial Management textbook for the industry and has received every award, including the only recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award. He is known for his market analyses, club valuations, expert witness testimony and especially, his knowledge of club finances.
During the show we focus on 5 key areas. Rick starts by sharing his thoughts on selling a club, studio or any type of fitness facility, next up we discuss why so few deals are actually getting done in this industry. He then talks us through the 5 phases of selling a club, he answers the question, why don’t clubs simply use a club Business Broker? And last of all we discuss who are potential buyers?
What you’ll learn
- The 5 phases of selling a club
- Why don’t clubs use a business broker?
- Who are potential buyers?
- 01:16 Whats coming up in this weeks show
- 01:44 Introducing Rick Caro
- 03:38 Nominations are open for the IHRSA Women Leader Award
- 04:18 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 04:35 Rick Caro talks about selling a club, studio or fitness facility
- 06:43 Why do so few deals get done in the fitness industry?
- 09:08 The 5 phases of selling a club
- 14:27 Why don’t clubs use a business broker?
- 16:20 Who are potential buyers?
- 19:14 Next time with Rick Caro
- 19:45 Message from Podcast Partner Team RockStar Fit
- 20:18 Bonus interview with Peter Brown The Athletic Business Show
- 25:03 Precor Quick Fire Five with Dr Bill Sukala
Resources shared in the show
Precor Quick Fire Five
Dr Bill Sukala
Website & SEO Consultant to Health Professionals
Health Pro SEO
Peter Brown is owner and founder of the AB Show. The ABshow is four-day, conference and trade show designed to help you find the products and services you need to effectively manage and equip your athletic programs and facilities and give you the tools to help you grow.
This industry-leading educational platform and dynamic, robust trade show is designed specifically to cultivate a strong sense of community within our industry and provide a single location where thousands of athletic, fitness, recreation and military professionals, as well as 250+ manufacturers around the world, can come together to share ideas, find solutions and drive the
Post a photo standing in front of your facility, with your business name or your logo in the shot, and upload your pic to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and hashtag #FBPFamily
I would love to see you, your facility and know where everyone in the #FBPFamily are listening from across the world!