This week I am joined by Vickie Saunders, an athlete sponsorship expert and the owner of The Sponsorship Consultants.
Vickie is fast becoming the worlds leading expert in athlete sponsorship. She empowers individuals and organisations with the knowledge and skills to create and manage valuable, effective and sustainable sponsorship.
Her work has been commissioned by the International Olympic Committee, and her clients include the Australian Institute of Sport, Team GB, Deloitte and many individual athletes, as well as local and global companies who sponsor athletes.
During the show we talk about what a sponsorship consultant does, how you can partner with other businesses to gain sponsorship for your brand or say for an in-club challenge, plus steps to fostering relationships and building the network around your business.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:10 – Meeting Vickie Saunders
- 02:50 – Roadblocks on your road to success
- 04:14 – What is a sponsorship consultant?
- 05:37 – What is the difference between a sponsorship and a partnership?
- 06:20 – How can a fitness business develop a partnership?
- 08:50 – What are the specific steps to take in forming a partnership?
- 11:00 – How do we best approach partners?
- 12:00 – What to put in a sponsorship agreement
- 14:00 – How do we attract (SIP’s) Socially Important People to partner with us?
- 15:35 – How much should we pay for athlete sponsorship?
- 18:55 – Fitbizperation – top 3 tips to recruit partners for in-house events
- 20:55 – Message from sponsor Visual Fitness Planner
- 22:55 – Top take-aways
- 23:59 – Quick Fire Five with Sean Greeley
Top Tips From The Show
Partnerships and sponsorships are all about mutual contribution for mutual effort.
Face to Face contact is great, over the phone or skype is ok, but email is a no no! Remember you are not asking for something, you are creating something awesome together.
Negotiation is about having a conversation where you are trying to find a common solution.
Some of the best opportunities are staring us in the face – think about what is close to you – you might be surprised what you find.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Powerful networks lead to valuable partnerships” – Vickie Saunders
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!