Molly Kemmer is the Regional Director of EXOS MediFit and the Chairperson of IHRSA. Molly has a wealth of experience in the fitness industry and has spent the past three and a half years working with EXOS Medifit, a business that provides fitness center management, design, innovation, and performance solutions. They work with clients including leading corporations, academic institutions, health systems, elite athletes, sports teams, the U.S. military, community centers, residential communities and specialty recreational facilities.
During the interview, we chat to Molly about Women in Leadership roles, the importance of working with a mentor or coach, the role that experience plays in long term success and advice for new people starting in the industry. Molly also shares advice on how to succeed in your company and career.
- 0:39 – Introducing Molly Kemmer.
- 03.36 – What’s it like to be the Chairperson of IHRSA?
- 04.38 – What do you want to achieve as chairperson of IHRSA?
- 05.19 – What changes have you seen with women in leadership roles?
- 08.50 – How do you find the right business coach?
- 14:08 – What advice would you give for people wanting to progress their career?
- 15.00 – Overview on ExosMedifit.
- 17.27 – How do we reduce healthcare costs?
- 20.51 – Molly tells us about IHRSA 2016!
- 22.26 – Top tips on progressing in your career?
- 25.00 – Kevin McHugh from The Atlantic Club talking about REX Roundtables.
- 33.45 – Pam O’Donnell tells us about IHRSA 2016!
- 39.51 – Top Take-aways from this weeks show.
Top Tips From The Show
When looking for a business coach, make sure you interview them to ensure they have the same values and ethics as you.
If you are willing to do what it takes to set and accomplish goals, then its worth the investment in a business coach or business group to support you.
Always look within your organization for support. Are there opportunities for further education or courses that you can take advantage of?
If an opportunity is extended to you, say YES! Go for it! If given a chance – take it.
Surround yourself with people that are better than you. They will raise you to another level, ask them to challenge you and you will grow.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“Women in the fitness industry are finding our own voice” Molly Kemmer
“Attitude is a decision, the choice to be excellent today is what leads to opportunities in the future” Molly Kemmer
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Industry Leaders Roundtable
Thanks to Active Management just use the promotional code FLJT, to get a US$100 discount off of the current member and non-member prices for a full registration when registering online at ihrsa.org/go2016
The December Giveaway!
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!