Fred Hoffman, M.Ed., is the author of Going Global: An Expert’s Guide to Working Abroad in the International Fitness Industry, and the owner of Fitness Resources, an education and consultancy company. He is the recipient of the 2007 IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year Award and has over thirty years of experience in the fitness and health industry. During this interview we ask Fred the following questions:
- What should be a health clubs number one social media platform?
- How do you stay abreast with all the technology going on in our industry?
- Who should we follow on Social Media?
- Top 3 Must dos when it comes to technology
- How to get started with your Social Media strategy
Also in this show, we hear from sponsor Active Management about a very cool lead generation tool PLUS we hear about a membership group that every fitness business owner should be a part of!
- 01:13 – Introduction to Fred Hoffman
- 02:41 – What Social Media Platform should be number one for Health Clubs
- 04:43 – Who in the fitness industry is doing a great job with their Social Media
- 06:46 – How do you stay a breast with all the technology going on in our industry
- 09:05 – What Blogs, newsletters, posts should we follow?
- 10:34 – Top 3 Must dos when it comes to technology
- 13:43 – How to get started with your Social Media strategy
- 20:03 – Sponsor Message: Active Management
- 21:59 – Podcast wrap
Top Tips From The Show
- Identify your most relevant social media platform by first understanding where your audience is hanging out
- Learn what you can do on social media platforms before you start using them
- Don’t just stick to fitness, follow influential leaders outside the industry too and see how they are using social media and technology
- Surround yourself with great people that are in the know, if you work together as a team, everyone can benefit from shared knowledge
- If you want someone to like your Facebook business page – tell them WHY they should like it! Then make sure you remind them to hit the ‘get notifications’ button on your page!
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
- “Surround yourself with people that are in the know, we cant know everything, and its great to have colleagues and friends to refer you to things and educate you on things you might not have heard of” Fred Hoffman
- “Conversations are taking place on Social Media and you need to be in them. If your not monitoring – your not in the conversation” Fred Hoffman
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast! Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!