Emmett Williams is an entrepreneur and leader in the health and fitness industry who has turned around an international marketing company located in Australia, built or purchased 7 health clubs, and helped create a commercial gym equipment distribution company.
Five years ago, Emmett relocated to the United States to co-found the international wearable technology start-up MYZONE INC. For anyone thats not familiar with MYZONE, it is a wearable heart rate based system that uses wireless and cloud technology to monitor physical activity.
As MYZONE approaches its 6th anniversary the business has progressed from a startup technology company to a market leader in the commercial fitness niche.
Emmett just a few weeks ago was entered into the Fitness Australia Roll of Honour.
During this interview, Emmett talks to us about technology – specifically how technology and data can come together to help drive customer connection, member engagement and growth for fitness business owners.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 01:46 – Special announcement!
- 03:58 – Sponsor message from Rex Roundtables
- 04:10 – Flashback show – Casey Conrad show 31
- 04:25 – Meeting Emmett Williams
- 05:50 – Hurdles on the road to success
- 10:54 – News and updates from the Motionsoft technology conference
- 12:34 – Key take-aways from the conference
- 34:14 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Ilana Wechsler
- 36:49 – Top take-aways from this weeks show
- 37:35 – BONUS Segment with Doug Miller on the Virtual Roadshow
Top Tips From The Show
- Technology is no longer tactical, it’s now strategic.
- Technology either needs to help make money, save money or decrease the business risk.
- Social influencers are becoming more and more impactful.
- In the future we will see businesses using lead scoring which will enable you to go after the best and most relevant prospects.
- You should be doing AB testing with your marketing to identify what most appeals to your target and to maximise your results.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Technology either needs to help make money, save money or decrease the business risk – Emmett Williams
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Special Announcement – OneFitStop
Show 31 – Casey Conrad
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!