In 2002, Chuck Runyon revolutionized the fitness industry when he and Dave Mortensen co-founded Anytime Fitness.
For his unprecedented and unique contributions to the fitness industry, in 2009, Chuck was honoured as the “John McCarthy Industry Visionary of the Year” by IHRSA.
More recently, he was honoured by Chief Executive magazine with its inaugural “Leadership” award for his commitment to investing in people and relationships.
Under his leadership, Anytime Fitness has earned numerous industry accolades, including:
- “The #1 Top Global Franchise.”
- “One of America’s Most Promising Companies.”
- “The Fastest-Growing Fitness Club in the world.”
- “The Best Place to Work in Minnesota”
During this interview, Chuck shares his experience on staying focused in a busy environment, he talks about the importance of the people in our businesses and he tells us the key traits to be a great leader – plus much more!
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 03:38 – Meeting Chuck Runyon
- 04:57 – Roadblocks on the road to success
- 06:42 – How many Anytime Fitness clubs across the globe?
- 11:05 – How do you stay focused on your vision?
- 13:32 – Tell us about the Anytime Fitness Running Man Tattoo
- 19:59 – Traits for great leaders
- 21:50 – How do you ensure culture and passion remains with team members all the time?
- 24:40 – Advice for reducing turn over in your fitness business
- 27:23 – Message from our partner – Precor
- 27:50 – Tips for building world class culture within your fitness business
- 29:46 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Emmett Williams
- 33:18 – Top take-aways from this weeks show
- 34:00 – BONUS – Speaking to Richard Beddie about the FitEx conference
Top Tips From The Show
- Put others first and your wealth will come later.
- Find people you can work with that are going to challenge and test your ideas.
- Allow staff to have input on the business and let them know that they matter.
- Invest in your teams ongoing training and development.
- Do not stop learning.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Put others first and your wealth will come later – Chuck Runyon
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Recommended by QFF Emmett Williams
Show 53 – Petra Kolber
Show 73 – Rasmus Ingerslev
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!