In January of 2014, David Vobora, a 5-year veteran of the NFL, met US Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills, a quadruple amputee. David opened up his personal gym to Travis, offering his training expertise. The pair started working out together, customizing and adapting to the unique challenges posed by Travis’ injuries. Through working with Travis and engaging the veteran community, David developed a passion for helping those with life-altering injuries find life-fulfilling adaptive performance training.
David realized that, while there are many excellent rehabilitation programs as well as adaptive/Paralympic sports organizations, none existed to bridge the gap from basic functional rehabilitation to adapted sport. Adaptive Training Foundation (ATF) was conceived to fill this void.
He continued helping adaptive athletes create sustainable lifestyle changes over the next six months, and by September of 2014, Adaptive Training Foundation had received its 501(c)3 status to allow outside support for these ambitious athletes. To this day, ATF is committed to keeping its services to adaptive athletes 100% free of charge and relies on the generosity of people like yourself to not only restore lives but empower them through movement.
Your Podcast Snapshot:
- Dave tells us the motivation for creating The Adaptive Training Foundation
- He shares stories on the impact it has on their participants
- What to consider when developing a niche focus business
- 00:19 Your Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 001:01 Thank you to our podcast partner, Tribe Team Training
- 01:32 We are back!
- 03:40 BIG NEWS……..
- 06:09 Message from our podcast partner, Tribe Team Training
- 06:27 About Dave Vobora and the Adaptive Training Foundation
- 12:41 Tell us about the cost free program
- WATCH THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvlmZw-w764
- 20:42 Dave shares some of the challenges in developing his business
- 27:07 How the ATF is making an impact
- 33:21 About the Adaptive Exercise Certification
- 40:41 This weeks Keepme Fitbizpiration What to consider when developing a niche business
- 48:01 Message from our podcast partner Team Rockstar Fit
- 48:28 Quick Fire Five with David Meerman Scott
- 57:14 Message from our podcast partner Precor
- REWIND Show: In the shoes of a Club Manager – Bumper Edition
- Thank you to our foundation partner Active Management
Contact Today’s Guest
Connect with David Vobora
Watch the Adaptive Training Foundation Super Bowl commercial
Learn more about the Adaptive Exercise Certification
Quick Fire Five Guest
Davids latest book
App recommended by David – Text Expander
Book recommendation from David Meerman Scott