In The Shoes is a series where we chat to someone in a specific role within a club, from a Fitness manager to a Franchise Manager, Sales to Group fitness. We will hear about their role, their biggest challenges, their KPIs and advice for others in a similar role. In this episode, we step into the shoes of a Club Manager.
What you’ll learn
- What an average day of Club Manager tasks look like
- What are some of the major KPI’s of the role
- Professional development for a club manager
- Advice for a Club Manager to get better at their job
- 00:40 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 01:15 What’s coming up in this week’s show
- 02:30 Message from our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 03:09 Mandi Holden from Anytime Fitness
- 04:05 How did Mandi get started in fitness?
- 05:40 What does an average day of tasks look like?
- 09:01 What are some of the major KPI’s of the role
- 10:13 How do you judge your performance?
- 11:06 What is the PLEASE score at Anytime Fitness?
- 14:25 How would you define leadership?
- 15:30 What is a major challenge you have faced in the business?
- 16:51 What professional development do you do in your role?
- 19:53 Fitbizpiration – Advice for Club Managers to get better at their jobs
- 25:05 The benefit of naming your Ego!
- 29:35 Introducing Cheye Hill
- 30:30 What does an average day of tasks look like?
- 34:13 What challenges have you faced as a Club Manager?
- 38:29 How do you identify potential employees?
- 40:16 KPI’s of a Club Manager
- 48:20 Precor Quick Five with Elias Scarr
- 52:00 Thank you to our Foundation Partner Active Management
Precor Quick Fire Five Guest, Elias Scarr
Resources our experts shared in the show
Episode mentioned: In The Shoes of a Chief Strategy Officer with Erin Kelly from Brick Bodies
App mentioned by Elias Scarr – Google Keep
Book recommended by Elias Scarr Making Them Believe