With over 25 years Fitness Industry Experience, Kristen Green is the Executive General Manager of the multi award winning Aquafit, a large multipurpose fitness & aquatic centre located in South West Sydney. In 2004, Kristen was engaged to start up the Aquafit business. Aquafit was an immediate success, having achieved profitability within 6 months. this role, Kristen has developed and implemented a well-executed strategy to position Aquafit as a valuable community asset, especially for older adults. Aquafit is often cited as a shining example of best practice for a fitness business in Australia, and is the most consistently awarded fitness centre in Australia. Awards include Overall Fitness Centre of the year 2004, 2005 & 2006 and Fitness Australia Gold Quality Award 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
Kristen is a current Board Member Fitness Australia, and is an active contributor, leader and advisor in the industry.
In 2006, Kristen was awarded Fitness NSW “Outstanding Contribution to the Industry” and recognised by IHRSA in their 2011 yearbook as “Most Likely to Succeed” A regular attendee at IHRSA conferences for the last 12 years,Kristen is also IHRSA Institute Alumni having attended in 2014 & 2017.
Kristen holds an MBA with Distinction and a Bachelor of Sports Science (Exercise Science).
What you’ll learn
- The benefits that ongoing professional development can bring to your career
- How to keep team members engaged in your business for longer
- Considerations when evaluating education opportunities
- 00:28 Thank you to our podcast partner Active Management
- 01:02 Introducing Kristen Green
- 02:55 Apps, Systems and Rituals that Kristen uses to stay focused
- 06:31 An overview of Kristens 14 year tenure with Aquafit
- 10:15 How can we keep team members engaged in our business for longer?
- 13:11 How has Kristen used professional development in her career
- 15:25 Evaluating education opportunities
- 21:00 In the Trenches with JT from Active Management
- 27:45 How to keep team members engaged in your business longer
- 29:15 BONUS Segment: Stephen Tharrett from Club Intel talks about the 2017 International Fitness Industry Trend Study – What’s All the Rage.
- 34:55 Precor Quick Fire Five with Rick Caro
Resources shared in the show
App mentioned by Kristen: https://www.headspace.com
Precor Quick Fire Five
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge
Post a photo standing in front of your facility, with your business name or your logo in the shot, and upload your pic to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and hashtag #FBPFamily
I would love to see you, your facility and know where everyone in the #FBPFamily are listening from across the world!