Tema Frank is a best-selling author and has worked in customer experience, marketing, and usability testing for over three decades. In 2001 she founded Web Mystery Shoppers, the world’s first company to test omnichannel customer service: web, phone, chat, email and in-store.
Using social media techniques before social media existed, she built a database of 75,000 “mystery shoppers” worldwide. Clients have included Bank of America, Expedia, the Royal Bank of Canada, government departments, businesses and non-profits of all sizes.
Tema is an acclaimed international speaker and podcaster. Her podcast show is called the Frank Reactions podcast – and its all about customer experience.
During this show we discuss:
- How to improve customer service in our teams
- The importance of talking to our customers
- Automated process versus the human element
- And Tema leaves us with three tips on improving customer service
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:41 – Meeting Tema Frank
- 04:12 – Hurdles on the road to success
- 06:54 – Where does customer service fit in the fitness industry
- 08:47 – Where is the human factor in the customer service equation
- 09:43 – Influencing your team to improve customer service
- 11:00 – Early warning signs of a customer experience problem brewing
- 13:10 – Tips on immediate actions to turn around a bad customer experience
- 14:30 – How can you get more customer feedback?
- 16:22 – Overview of Temas new book – People Shock
- 23:40 – Three tips to improve customer experiences
- 24:55 – Sponsor message from Visual Fitness Planner
- 26:53 – Top Take-aways from this weeks show
- 28:24 – Quick Fire Five with Andrew Simmons from Vision Personal Training
- 30:35 – BONUS SEGMENT – Group Fitness with Leisl Klaebe
Top Tips From The Show
When influencing our teams customer service behaviour, start by looking at their incentive structure.
Top managers should be talking to a random sample of customers each week to find out how their customer experience is.
If your customers don’t like to fill in surveys, TALK to them instead!
Often we can improve our processes, but you need to look at it from a customers perspective.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Listen to your customers! – Tema Frank
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Online Trainers Summit
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!