Before launching her own company, FORTË, Lauren Foundos spent a decade working on Wall Street, with the last five years in finance on the trading floor as an Institutional US Government Bond Broker at Whitaker Securities where she helped to dramatically increase UST Short Coupon and Bill desk revenues. Prior to that, she worked at Deutsche Bank in Synthetic Equities and Cloudview Capital Management, a global macro hedge fund, on their trading desk. Lauren graduated from the University of Maryland in 2006, with a BA in communications and concentration in business. She earned ACC Academic Honor Roll, and Intercollegiate Athletic Honor Roll during her time at Maryland. Lauren is a two-time all-American field hockey player, she played in the Junior Olympics and went on to play Division I at the University of Maryland, the nation’s top ranked program. She plays the piano, violin, has two older brothers, adores her parents, and loves to ski! Lauren was a panellist at the Motionsoft Technology Summit 2018.
David Steel is the Chief Viral Officer of Sneeze It, a division of The Steel Method. In his role, he educates companies on how to attract prospects, build a lead pipeline, and convert those leads into customers. He is a best-selling author and online marketing expert who has given speaking engagements in the United States and abroad on how to create successful—and lucrative—digital and social marketing campaigns. David was a speaker at the Motionsoft Technology Summit 2018
Amanda Bond is owner of The Ad Strategist and the creator of the StrADedy System.
Entrepreneur Magazine calls her a “Facebook advertising genius”, Social Media Examiner named her “the brightest mind in Facebook advertising today” due to her unique mix of creativity and her vast analytical experience from analyzing hundreds of millions of client ad impressions.
Amanda joins us in this episode to talk about conversational selling on Facebook.
Josh Leve is the Founder & CEO of the Association of Fitness Studios (AFS). AFS is the most trusted and fastest growing business association, dedicated to current and aspiring fitness owners.
Josh has been featured in all major news outlets and is a featured speaker for all major fitness events such as IHRSA, Athletic Business, Club Industry, NSCA, NASM Optima, EMPOWER!, and ZUMBA.
Sue Richard has excelled in the fitness industry for over 20 years. Through her various roles as a Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Team Trainer and Club Manager she has inspired thousands of health club members towards incredible results. Sue currently owns her own health and fitness club and is the co-founder of TRIBE Team Training.
Mike Jesowshek is a Certified Public Accountant with both a Bachelor and Masters in Accounting. He is the founder of JETRO and Associates, a cloud based accounting firm. Mike has a strong passion for technology as his firm helps provide digital accounting, bookkeeping, tax and payroll solutions for small business owners. With clients all over the U.S., his goal is to help these businesses pay the least amount of taxes as legally possible while helping them grow personally and professionally. In this show Mike shares Tax and Accounting Advice every fitness business owner and fitness professional needs to know.
Brian Zehetner is an accomplished registered dietitian and strength and conditioning coach with 20 years of experience in the health and fitness industry. He is currently the Director of Health and Fitness at Planet Fitness World Headquarters and is the former Chief Science Officer at Anytime Fitness Corporate. This weeks interview was done live at the 2018 Motionsoft Technology Summit where Brian appeared as a panellist on the Technology Summit Roundtable.
Robert Gerrish is a Venture Strategist and he supports individuals starting, growing, fine-tuning or exiting their business. Robert was the founder of the Flying Solo online community and he co-wrote the bestseller of the same name. Furthermore, he recently launched his latest book, ‘The 1-Minute Commute’.
In addition to all of that Robert is a podcaster, a speaker and he works one-on-one with a small group of independent professionals.
For todays show, we are going to take a look at some of the essential areas of establishing your very first business. This is perfect for new personal trainers and fitness professionals.
Robert takes us through the steps to ensure there is a market out there for your business idea, how we best ensure we have our service offering right, the steps to create our ideal client profile and the 3 most important things a fitness professional should do to succeed as your own boss.
What you’ll learn
- Steps to ensuring there is a market for your business idea
- How we best ensure we have our service offering right
- Steps to create your ideal client profile
- 3 most important things a fitness professional should do to succeed as your own boss.
- 00:58 Message from our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 01:19 What’s coming up in this weeks show
- 02:51 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 03:05 Welcome to Robert Gerrish
- 06:35 The steps to ensuring there is a market out there for our business idea
- 10:55 How do we ensure we have our service offering right?
- 15:26 How to identify your ideal customer?
- 30:55 Message from our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 31:18 Precor Quick Fire Five with Brian Zehetner
Precor Quick Fire Five
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Robert Gerrish: Website
Purchase The One Minute Commute by Robert Gerrish
Randy Hetrick is Founder and CEO of TRX. Over the past three decades, he has built a record number of unique accomplishments including collegiate athlete, 14-year Navy SEAL Officer, bootstrap entrepreneur, multi-patented inventor, and growth company CEO whose company earned multiple placements on Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies List and Outside Magazine Best Places to Work list.
He earned a bachelors degree from the University of Southern California; a master degree from the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey; and an MBA from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, where he is a contributing lecturer on entrepreneurship, branding and leadership.
What you’ll learn
- Leadership lessons to help your personal journey
- Qualities of an outstanding leader
- How a leader can earn the respect of their team
- Advice for new managers to improve their leadership skills
- 01:10 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 01:56 What’s coming up in this week’s show
- 04:15 Message from our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 05:01 Randy shares the history of the TRX brand
- 10:01 What is one of the most important leadership lessons you have learned
- 16:24 Qualities of an outstanding leader
- 17:41 Qualities of an outstanding leader
- 21:29 Fitbizpiration – Advice for new managers to improve their leadership skills
- 25:19 Message from our podcast partner Myzone
- 25: 43 Precor Quick Fire Five with Robert Gerrish
Precor Quick Fire Five
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Recommended by Randy Hetrick Concept to Market
Book recommended by Robert Gerrish Change Your Thinking
James Breese is the founder of Strength Matters, a business that not only offers Online Personal Training to consumers but also services fitness professionals with educational events, certifications, a print magazine and online community.
Via Strength Matters, James has created a system of growing and scaling online Personal Training and he joins us on this intensive show to walk us through the steps he has taken to build a successful online PT business.
This show is perfect for New Personal Trainers who want to go online or PT’s that have an established on the ground business who want to expand online. Heres what we discuss:
- Part 1) Where to get started including software options and testing before launch
- Part 2) Creating and Planning your system of training
- Part 3) Onboarding your online clients
- Part 4) How to set your prices.