Josh Fox is the founder and CEO of Bottom Line Concepts. He has grown the company over the past decade and is proud to have achieved over 300 Million Dollars in savings and refunds for many different organizations. In the day to day operations, his true strength is building relationships as well as managing employees, vendors and an international sales team. He is hands on in overseeing all aspects of the business from meetings, contracts, negotiations, implementation and follow up. Passionate about various charities, Josh gives back to his community and is also an avid animal rights activist and enthusiast.
Bob Burg is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing and influence, with total book sales approaching two million copies. Bob is an advocate, supporter and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve.
Bob Burg shares how a subtle shift in focus is not only a more uplifting and fulfilling way of conducting business but the most financially profitable way, as well. For 30 years he’s helped companies, sales leaders, and their teams to more effectively communicate their value, sell at higher prices with less resistance, and grow their businesses based on Endless Referrals.
As founding member of group fitness juggernaut Les Mills International and previous Director of Group Fitness Programming for luxury-lifestyle brand Equinox, I have inhaled senior roles in group fitness programming, product development, global training, and people & culture.
A prolific writer and sought after speaker and mentor, Emma is fluent in what happens NEXT in fitness and personal betterment. Armed with 25 years of stories you’d rather forget, Emma is a regular contributor to the International business forums, trend panels and women’s events.
Emma lives in Southern California with her husband Lee and their three life-long projects; Jas, Zoe, and Max. Emma delights in lighting fires under people and projects to catapult them towards their potential as you will experience in person.
Continue Reading …
The Value Proposition is where Sarah Pellegrino chats with an industry supplier to find out the value they bring to their customers and the industry. You will not only hear about the features of the product or service – which you can read on their websites or brochures – you will hear about the deep value and return of investment for you!
In episode 325 of the Fitness Business Podcast, we’re going to be learning the Value Proposition for Making Fitness Accessible – we’ll be speaking with the Trainerize team to learn about how the app came to be, what the company looks like today, and where they’re going in the future! You’ll learn how the fitness & wellness solutions they build for their community create a 360-degree fitness and lifestyle approach. With over 20,000 fitness businesses powered by Trainerize, a community of over 200,000 coaches and over 800,000 active users, over 100,000 connected fitness apps and 25,000 workouts completed daily – this is an app you want to know more about – so be sure to stick around and have a listen!
- Farhad Gulamhusein, VP of Client Success
- Trevor Chong, Product Director
- Paula Bartis, Marketing Director
What You’ll Learn
- History of Trainerize: where did the idea come from and how has it evolved over the years.
- How the team is solution focused more than feature focused and how they receive regular feedback from their community of users!
- What moves the company is making to become a total fitness solution well into the future.
- 00:00 – 6:45 Introduction & 3RM
- 6:46 – 10:00 Stand-Out Solutions (Trevor Chong)
- 10:30 – 13:40 Video Coaching Feature (Trevor Chong)
- 13:41 – 19:15 From Ready to Buy to Ready to Train (Trevor Chong)
- 19:30 – 21:00 Making Fitness Accessible (Paula Bartis)
- 21:01 – 23:45 Unique Differentiator (Paula Bartis)
- 24:06- 26:21 Bringing Trainerize to Life with Marketing (Paula Bartis)
- 26:30 – 28:15 Community Engagement & Upcoming Events (Paula Bartis)
- 28:30 – 29:45 Where Trainerize is Going (Farhad Gulamhusein)
- 30:11- 31:15 Online Fitness Solution – the Game is Changing (Farhad Gulamhusein)
- 31:20- 32:40 ABC Fitness Solutions Acquisition of Trainerize (Farhad Gulamhusein)
- 33:00 – 34:50 How to Contact & Closing Remarks
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
- The Trainerize team has a special offer just for FBP & TVP listeners – 50% off their two first months with Trainerize. The offer code is available at trainerize.com/thevalueproposition
- Trainerize are also hosting online events called the Trainerize Collective and registration is free. Click here to view the full schedule. Click here to register for the first event on 2nd December.
Connect with the Team at Trainerize
Alan Leach currently serves as CEO, sales trainer, and director of sales and marketing for the West Wood Club, based in Dublin, Ireland. He uses his 32 years of health club and sales management experience to serve more than 36,000 health club members at seven West Wood Club locations in Ireland and Bosnia.
Leach has been an avid supporter of the industry for years. At the start of his career, he grew an individual club’s membership from 700 to 3,100—establishing the club as one of the most profitable facilities in Europe. He continues to promote physical activity and the global industry as a regular speaker at countless events for fitness professionals.
Rachel Brenke, a multi-faceted entrepreneur who has created businesses from the ground-up that support the life she wants to lead. As a cancer survivor, mom of five, and TEAM USA athlete, her motto is “I get to do this” and get-to-do-this she does.
Through her best-selling masterminds, top business podcast and multiple brands, Rachel blazes the way for female entrepreneurs to have a real business and a real life. She walks what she talks and “tells-all” the formulas and methods she has used to build multiple successful real businesses to have a happy, real life.
Viveka von Rosen is Cofounder of Vengreso, the largest provider of full spectrum Modern Digital Sales transformation solutions. Known as the @LinkedInExpert, she’s author of the best-selling “LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day” AND “LinkedIn: 101 Ways to Rock Your Personal Brand!”.
She’s been named in Forbes (4 years running) as a top social media expert and is a regular contributor and has been featured in Forbes, BuzzFeed, Inc, CNN, Entrepreneur, Selling Power and the Social Media Examiner.
Eric is a 2nd generation CPA firm owner and the founder of The Fitness CPA. From 2014 to 2017 Eric was the CFO and a board member of a national fitness franchise which he helped to grow to 17 locations across five states.
Prior to that Eric worked at a local CPA firm in Boulder, Colorado and a regional CPA firm in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
When taking a break from accounting you’ll find Eric volunteering with the Colorado Mountain Club, working out with his personal trainer, swimming laps with his swim coach, and practicing yoga.
Team Rockstar Fit is a top mastermind group for women in fitness in the US, CA, UK and France. We help women partner with Team Beachbody to create a fitness income online. It’s fun and rewarding.
Trina helps women smash income goals, work for themselves, set their own hours and collaborate with others. There is no need to navigate the industry alone. Partner with a best-selling brand, get coaching from a top mentor and set your career on fire.
She works with personal trainers, fitness instructors, studio owners, as well as fitness enthusiasts who want to launch into the fast-growing industry.
Women who seek her help do so because they need direction and are lacking the right tools and mentorship to grow. Women work with Trina because they trust her and like her reputation as a woman with integrity and strategy.
Special Offer for FBP Family
Get a FREE strategy session with Trina Gray to help discover if Team Rockstar Fit is perfect for YOU! It’s a LOW-cost, HIGH-return group. Just $160 to start and only $16/month. You read that right!
To book your FREE session with Trina, go to
and press the button ‘Schedule Now’
Or send a DM to get an application.
P.S Don’t forget to mention you are part of the #FBPFamily!!
This Week’s Podcast Partners
A former student-athlete and a 2x Miami University graduate, Bre Robinson currently serves as the Assistant Athletic Director for Leadership & Diversity at her alma mater. In her role, Bre serves on the executive leadership team and oversees diversity, equity, and inclusion and leadership initiatives. She’s currently a doctoral candidate in the Higher Education Administration program at Bowling Green State University and will earn her PhD in May.
Champions For Life, a program at Miami University facilitated by Bre Robinson, is a living testament to the enduring power of the Miami University student-athlete experience. Miami Athletics’ alumni have gone on from the classroom and the competitive arena to apply their life lessons in leadership, teamwork, integrity and tenacity to their lives and careers. They began as Champions on game day and have gone on to becomeChampions for Life.
Your Podcast Snapshot
- The most common mistake, in an organization, when it comes to diversity
- Advice for employers to create a diverse and inclusive culture
- Questions an interviewee should ask to make sure a company is inclusive and accepting
- 0:01- Click Here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card
- 0:47- Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 2:17- A message from our podcast partner, Team RockStar Fit
- 2:41- Introduction to our guest
- 3:49- Welcome Bre Robinson from Miami University
- 5:36- How is diversity, equity and inclusion defined
- 7:34- The most common misstep a company can make when addressing diversity and inclusion
- 10:45- How to create an inclusive and diverse culture
- 15:30- Questions an interviewee should ask to make sure a company is inclusive and accepting
- 20:16- Surveying your members for inclusion
- 23:58- The future generation leading the way for adversity and inclusion
- 26:00 – KeepMe Fitbizpiration
- 28:48- Quick Fire Five with Eric Killian
- 32:18- THROWBACK Show with Travis Barnes #185 Critical Systems for Fitness Business Success
- 33:15- A message from our founding partner, Active Management
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Jay Shetty Book: Think Like a Monk
Contact Today’s Guest
This Week’s Throwback Show
This Week’s Podcast Partners