He has been coaching and honing his own health and performance for over 20 years. With the goal of creating the biggest possible impact, he uses video shows, podcasts, software and entrepreneurship to reach as many people as possible. As an athlete he has competed and coached many sports, including Weightlifting and CrossFit, and as an entrepreneur he has successfully co-founded Faction Strength and Conditioning (Home of CrossFit Memphis), Barbell Shrugged, and Barbell Business.
During the interview he tells us about :
- a great routine he does to start each day;
- what CrossFit and traditional gym models can learn from one another;
- selling supplements within a fitness facility, what percentage of your income it could potentially generate and when the best time is to introduce and educate the concept to members.
- 03:10 – Meeting Mike Bledsoe, rituals and routines to help with a busy workload
- 07:01 – What is Barbell Business and Barbell Shrugged?
- 08:30 – Why is Crossfit such a popular form of exercise?
- 11:04 – What can Crossfit and traditional gyms learn from each other?
- 12:40 – What does Automation mean for a fitness business?
- 17:10 – What percentage of income is possible to achieve from supplement sales?
- 20:10 – How do we educate members about supplements?
- 25:27 – Top tips for running a fitness business
- 27:01 – Special Guest Steve Ayers from ABC Financial
- 29:39 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Matt Wright
- 31:28 – Top take-aways
Top Tips From The Show
- Don’t start your day with, emails or you might end up as someone elses priority.
- Automation systems enable us to target our audience more specifically, plus utilising systems frees up time in your own workday.
- Work with people that are complementary to your own skill set.
- When running a business, always set aside money for marketing.
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Special Announcement from ABC Financial
Book recommended by Matt Wright
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
Show 74 – Kate Cracknell