This weeks special guest is Michelle Bowden, she is an expert in persuasive presenting in business and one of only 35 Australian female CSPs (Certified Speaking Professionals) – the CSP is the highest designation for speakers in the world.
In todays show we discuss:
- Why presentation and communication skills are such an important part of every one of our lives – every day;
- What body language and appearance has to do with success;
- Preparation tips for presenting to and communicating with the people around you;
- Techniques that assist with converting a lead to a sale;
- PLUS she tells us why we shouldn’t use the word but – that’s but, in our conversations, and what words we should use instead.
- 00:00 – Introducing this weeks show
- 02:57 – Meeting Michelle Bowden
- 07:00 – What is presenting?
- 16:00 – What body language and appearance has to do with success
- 17:37 – Where does presenting fit in with being inspirational and being a leader?
- 20:56 – Preparation tips for presenting
- 25:57 – Why shouldn’t we use the word ‘But’?
- 29:41 – Making a successful conversion from lead to sale
- 34:33 – Top tips for being the most persuasive person in the business
- 35:58 – Meredith Poppler from IHRSA
- 47:25 – Precor Quick Fire Five with Ray Algar
- 50:03 – Takeaways from this weeks show
- 50:41 – A special message from Chantal
Top Tips From The Show
- When you are more persuasive and clear about what it is you are trying to achieve, you get an outcome quicker.
- If you want to be a better communicator, you need to dedicate time to improving and practicing your communication skills.
- Presenting is communicating and every time you communicate you are sending a message.
- The way you communicate your messages dramatically effectives your effectiveness as a leader.
- And lastly, I want to remind you of Michelle’s three tips, which were:
- care about people
- be in your stakeholders shoes at all times
- every moment of the day – spread joy!
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“It doesn’t matter how good your message is if no one is listening!” Michelle Bowden
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Meredith Poppler – IHRSA
Book Recommendation by QFF Ray Algar
Different: Escaping the Competitive Herd
Show 58 – Lisa Simone Richards
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!