Jason Kelly is the New York Bureau Chief of Bloomberg, overseeing more than 1,200 journalists at the company’s world headquarters. During his time there he’s written about topics ranging from semiconductors to economic development during the war in Afghanistan. But todays focus, is all around his latest book Sweat Equity: Inside the New Economy of Mind and Body.
During the interview we talk about:
- how to connect with Millenials
- Jason’s thoughts on the future for different business models in the fitness industry and;
- he gives us some insights into reaching different markets including high end corporates and the currently in-active community.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 05:21 – Meeting Jason Kelly
- 06:16 – How did you decide to write a book on the fitness industry?
- 08:05 – 3 facts or figures that were most surprising
- 11:02 – Favourite brands from the book research
- 12:33 – What does a fitness business need to do to attract millennials
- 14:55 – What is the future of monthly direct billing?
- 18:56 – Future focus for the fitness industry by segment
- 23:18 – Key learnings to tap into inactive consumers
- 26:00 – Steps to approaching the corporate market
- 28:05 – Why should the fitness industry read Sweat Equity
- 30:15 – Sponsor Message from TRIBE Team training
- 30:50 – Top three traits of fitness business owners
- 35:20 – BONUS Segment – Mel Tempest talks about ‘The New Era Of Fitness Business Event’
- 41:22 – Top take-aways
Top Tips Today Are Around Millenials
A brand that wants to attract millennials must be sincere and authentic.
Millennials expect a certain level of engagement and expect businesses to go the extra step to connect with them.
Because of social media we live in quite a superficial way and as such we crave a deeper level of connection and people are willing to spend money to get it.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
Millennials expect a certain level of engagement and expect businesses to go the extra step to connect with them – Jason Kelly
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Sweat Equity: Inside the New Economy of Mind and Body
Show 30 – Molly Kemmer
Frank Nash – Mel Tempest Fitness Business Event
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!