Derek Deprey turns task-driven managers and owners into people-focused leaders. More specifically, he helps busy managers discover who they are, decide where they’re going, and design how they’ll get there, so that they can more effectively lead others.
Derek’s core philosophy: Intentional Self-Leadership + Inspirational Team Leadership = An Invigorating Culture.
After a career of working in basketball operations at the collegiate and professional levels, he empowers others both as the director of people at a fitness club and as a leadership professor at a university. Derek founded Move Results to impact the lives of individuals, organizations, and communities.
Today, he loves to inspire and influence others as a speaker and writer. Derek is the author of SHIFT: Move from Frustrated to Fulfilled.
Your Podcast Snapshot
- What is Self Leadership
- Why is Self-Leadership important
- How to improve in self-leadership
- 0:09 – Fitness Business Podcast Snapshot
- 0:30 – Thank you to our podcast partner, Active Management
- 0:49 – A message from our podcast partner, Active Management
- 1:52 – Let’s get to know our guest, Derek Deprey’s
- 3:24 – Welcome to the show Derek Deprey
- 5:27 – What is Self-Leadership
- 7:07 – Finding your core values
- 9:12 – Why is Self-Leadership Important
- 11:42- How to Better at Self-Leadership
- 13:42- Advice for a team member that isn’t grasping the self-leadership concept
- 15:13- What is CRASH
- 18:56- Derek’s influences when it comes to leadership
- 22:00- Tips on building a relation with your team members
- 24:00- Derek’s self leadership book, SHIFT
- 25:24- KeepMe Fitbizspiration
- 27:09- Thank you our podcast partner, Tribe Team Training
- 27:50- Quick Fire Five with special guest, Frances Mikuriya
- 30:49- A message from our podcast partner, Precor
- 31:20 THROWBACK Show #132 Lessons a Fitness Business Manager has Learned Outside of the Industry
- 32:40- Thank you to our partner, Active Management
Contact Today’s Guest
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Wisconsin Athletic Club Website: www.thewac.com