Paul Bowman is a passionate fitness industry professional who serves as CEO of Wexer, the global leader in the world of virtual fitness.
His passion is never more evident than when discussing Wexer’s company mission: to help health club operators stay relevant in an increasingly digital world by embracing technology, rather than seeing it as a competitive threat.
Paul spearheads this mission based on a clear understanding of health club operations, having previously worked for Virgin Active and Gymbox, as well as in partnership with many other operators during his time at children’s activity specialist Fit for Sport.
In his former life as an elite athlete, Bowman was a member of the New Zealand National Volleyball team, winning several regional and international titles. He remains dedicated to fitness and sport and contributes actively as both a writer and a speaker.
What you’ll learn
- What does it mean to be a digitally transformed club
- How does virtual fitness work?
- Overview of virtual install and investment
- What lessons can club operators learn from Peleton
- How can we reach and engage with non-exercises?
- 00:00 200 Celebration Rap by the Incredible Chris Stevenson!
- 03:30 Thank you Chris Stevenson we love you!!!
- 05:13 What’s coming up on this week’s show
- 06:20 Holiday gift shows for you! The Motionsoft Technology Series
- 07:00 Thank you to our podcast partner Myzone
- 07:37 What does it mean to be a digitally transformed club
- 13:15 How does virtual fitness work?
- 14:36 Overview of virtual install and investment
- 17:31 What lessons can club operators learn from Peleton
- 19:41 How can we reach and engage with non-exercises?
- 24:39 What will we see in digital in the next few years?
- 31:00 Message from our podcast partner Gym Sales
- 31:27 Precor Quick Fire Five with Ann. Marie Barbour
- 34:51 Join us for the #FBPFamily Meet Up at IHRSA
Precor Quick Fire Five
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Paul Bowman: Website
Podcasts recommend by Ann Marie Babour: https://escapefitness.com/podcast
Audible book recommended by Ann Marie https://www.audible.com.au/pd/Top-of-Mind-Audiobook/B0719LH7XG