Meredith DePersia oversees the Human Resources function for Active Wellness. She leads a passionate team of HR professionals responsible for employee relations, benefits, recruitment and compliance. Meredith joined Active Wellness in March 2014. Prior to Active, she was the Vice President of Commercial Clubs at Club One, serving in leadership roles such as General Manager, Regional Manager and Director of Operations throughout her 11-year tenure. She has been a featured speaker on employee management for IHRSA and a resource for industry publication articles such as Club Solutions Magazine and Club Business International. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, a Master of Science in Exercise and Health Promotion and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
What you’ll learn
- The pre-hire process. Recruitment, interviewing, reference and background checks
- Hiring the employee. Extending offer letters and compensation plans and key components to include on each, presenting employee handbooks at time of hire, scheduling the employee for training.
- The employees first day, including training checklists, pre-first day tasks to set the new employee for success, tools to present on the first day, and new employee orientation content.
- New employee training. In this section, we discuss utilization of culture carriers, weekly meetings/check-ins, ongoing support and the 90-day review.
- 01:00 Welcome to the ABC Financial Intensive Series
- 02:00 What’s coming up in this episode
- 04:41 What are the essential steps to candidate selection
- 07:00 Once you have acquired candidates, whats the next step?
- 10:11 Ways to interview someone to ensure you get the REAL person!
- 11:44 Part 2: The Hiring of Employees
- 18:26 Checklist of the documents to give a new employee
- 19:11 What happens once you received the signed offer letter
- 22:00 Part 3: The new employees first day
- 28:10 What does the new employee booklet look like?
- 33:00 New employee training
- 38:27 Final messages from Meredith on Onboarding a New Employee
- 41:00 Thank you to our podcast partner ABC Financial