Justin Tamsett is the Managing Director of Active Management. He has managed and owned fitness clubs since 1990, and now travels the globe speaking on topics from business skills to work-life balance. During this show, we check out gyms around the world, including The Row House and The Mile High Run Club in New York, 220 Fitness in Santa Monica and Orange Theory Fitness, all of that, plus were talking about the consumer trend called, Betterment.
Also in the show, Sharon Tousley is back with her latest tip on starting your own podcast, and this month, shes giving us the inside tip on whats involved in a well planned launch.
- 02:27 – Inside some USA boutique gyms – ClubFit, The RowHouse, The MileHigh Run Club
- 11:32 – A Barre Class at 220Fitness in Santa Monica
- 14:09 – Orange Theory Fitness Santa Monica
- 18:30 – Anytime Fitness Multi-Club owners
- 19:30 – Consumer Trend – Betterment
- 30:17 – Sponsor Message from Tribe Team Training
- 33:07 – Podcast Prowess – Planning your podcast launch
Top Tips From The Show
- The person in charge of the success in your business, is actually the individuals in your club.
- The consumer is saying, I need a human being to decipher the all the data, they want to connect with the right mentor or the right teacher that can help explain it.
- The introduction of data and tech feedback allows a traditional Personal Trainer, to now become a Personal Coach.
- Theres a huge opportunity for gyms and personal trainers to provide clients with a clear easy to understand translation of what the data from their devices, I-phones, apple watches etc actually means and how they can use it to improve their workouts and fitness.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“The person in charge of the success in your business, is actually the individuals in your club” Justin Tamsett
“The consumer is saying, I need a human being to decipher all the data, they want to connect with the right mentor or the right teacher that can help explain it” Justin Tamsett
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
WIN – A copy of Powerful Insights from Joe Cirulli
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!