Over the past 12 months we have come across some amazing stories of business owners who have raised money for charities or increased awareness about causes that are important to them. We frequently hear about fitness businesses that want to do something to give back to their local community or a charity, but sometimes its hard to know where to start or what to do.
In this weeks show, we hear from two businesses – One on One in the USA and Onward Fitness in Australia. Both have approached community support in a unique way and both have made an incredible difference to peoples lives.
- 00:50 – Introducing this weeks show
- 05:00 – Meeting the team from One on One
- 06:20 – How did One on One first start?
- 07:15 – What does the business look like in 2016?
- 10:18 – What is the Give Back Campaign all about
- 14:50 – Any hurdles setting up the campaign?
- 18:42 – Advice on developing your own Give Back campaign
- 24:15 – Meeting Dave Okeby
- 25:35 – Introducing Manward
- 27:25 – How does Manward work?
- 30:10 – What does the future hold for Manward?
- 31:15 – Advice for starting your own community based program
- 34:20 – Sponsor message from Active Management
- 35:00 – Quick Five Five with Rachel Bevans
Top Tips From The Show
Choose the charities you want to give to, then choose the service (in your business) you want to use as a channel to raise awareness / funds.
Have the clients make their donation direct to the charity.
Do as much research as you can in order to understand your target.
You must have self belief.
You must know your why – know the reason why you are doing it.
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
We have been so blessed by the community we live in, that’s its been a real pleasure – Kym Burke
The objective should be to create good will and awareness in your community – Bruce Burke
If you’ve got an idea, just Go For It! – David Okeby
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Manward is an unincorporated company with a view of incorporating very soon. If you would like to get on board and become a part of the Manward movement then please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Show 17 – Rhys Cutifani
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge To #STRENGTHEN
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!