Tim Oberg is the Founder and CEO of parkrun Australia, the largest participation event in Australia. From humble beginnings on the Gold Coast in April 2011, parkrun now operates in over 350 communities with 750,000 members.
What you’ll learn
- The motivation behind starting parkrun
- How the volunteers contribute to parkrun
- The financial model for the business
- Advice for approaching sponsors
- 01:15 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 01:55 Whats coming up on this weeks show
- 02:58 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 03:15 Welcome to Tim Oberg
- 03:30 What was the motivation behind starting parkrun?
- 08:21 How do the volunteers contribute to parkrun?
- 11:03 What is the financial model for the business?
- 15:30 Advice for approaching sponsors
- 22: 40 Advice for starting a volunteer led event
- 26:32 Message from Medallia MXM
- 27:02 Fitbizpiration: How do you keep volunteers engaged in the parkrun business
- 32:21 Thank you to our podcast partner
- 32:46 Precor Quick Fire Five with Mandi Holden
- 35:44 Thank you to our podcast partner Myzone
- 36:01 Precor Quick Fire Five with Cheye Hill
- 37:49 Message from our foundation partner Active Management
Precor Quick Fire Five Guest, Mandi Holden & Cheye Hill