Mike Beeney is the Director of Myzone Asia Pacific, a wearable technology company who work with over 6,000 facilities across 65 countries. Mike holds a Masters degree in exercise and health sciences and has worked in the health and fitness sector for over 20 years both in the UK and across the Asia Pacific region. During this episode, Mike talks us through the current landscape of wearable tech in the fitness industry, what the future looks like plus how wearables can enhance member retention and adherence.
What you’ll learn
- What does the current wearable tech landscape look like?
- How far has it come over the past 5 years and what does the future look like?
- What is gamification and how does it affect member retention?
- The advantages for club owners to introduce wearable tech.
- 01:26 What’s coming up on this weeks show
- 03:06 Welcome to Mike
- 03:47 What does the current fitness wearable landscape look like?
- 06:47 What are the advantages for club owners to introduce wearable tech?
- 08:27 Research on the effect wearables have on member retention
- 09:46 What is gamification in relation to wearables?
- 11.00 Any examples of using gamification
- 16:25 Find out more about Myzone during this interview with their President, Emmett Williams
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Our interview with Lauren Foundos from Forte Fit