Terry Hawkins founded People in Progress Global in 1989 after a decade in senior management roles within the apparel vertical. News quickly spread of People in Progress Global’s ability to generate strong results and create a significant shift in the individual learner’s mindset. After leading the business for 21 years in Australia, she relocated to Los Angeles in 2010 to focus on scaling the People in Progress brand in North America. In 2017, Terry transitioned to the role of Chief Creative to focus on her love of researching & creating programming that is optimized for the multi-generational online & live learner. Terry is also an accomplished motivational speaker and best-selling author. During the show we discuss, challenges and triumphs that come with career change, the affect technology has on the consumer experience and advice for women perusing their career goals.
What you’ll learn
- Why you should work with people that compliment your skill set
- The importance of adapting to change
- Advice for women pursuing their career goals
- 01:33 Whats coming up in this weeks show
- 02:35 Message from Podcast Partner ABC Financial
- 03:05 Introducing Terry Hawkins
- 04:27 Apps, Systems and Rituals to stay focused and organised
- 06:27 Challenges that come with career changes
- 22:05 How technology will affect the consumer experience in the next 5 years
- 27:34 Adapting a traditional business model for the future
- 33:16 Tips for following to your career goals
- 35:17 Message from Podcast Partner Precor
- 35:42 Tips on staying positive and powering towards your goals
- 38:01 Bonus Segment: Listener interview with Daniel Fallon
- 51:32 Precor Quick Fire Five with Lindsey Rainwater
Resources shared in the show
He has had almost 15 years exercise in the industry. His experience is vast stemming from working with special forces to help rehabilitate soldiers back to full fitness to delivering injury prevention workshops in schools around the UK.
Precor Quick Fire Five
Tweetables – Share The Experts Knowledge
Post a photo standing in front of your facility, with your business name or your logo in the shot, and upload your pic to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and hashtag #FBPFamily
I would love to see you, your facility and know where everyone in the #FBPFamily are listening from across the world!