07 Aug 012 Mish McCormack – Become an Award Winning Personal Trainer
Mish McCormack is an internationally acclaimed and award-winning Personal and Corporate Fitness Trainer. She has been the recipient of the Fitness Life NZ Personal Trainer of the Year three times (an unbeaten record), the Powerade NZ Personal Trainer of the Year, and the NZ Contribution to Community Excellence Award. With a Certificate of Fitness Management from the University of Otago, and 16 years experience as Personal Trainer, Mish is REPs registered and sits on the board of the PT Council of New Zealand.
We ask Mish three questions:
- You have won a number of awards, does this help your business and how?
- In your experience, what are the challenges PT’s may face moving from a contractor role to having their own studio?
- What are 3 pieces of advice you would give a PT in the first 6 months of their career in the fitness industry?
Also in this weeks show, we hear from Podcast sponsor, REX Roundtables – the most unique opportunity on the planet for you to grow your business.
Top Tips From The Show
- Being awarded or recognized via industry awards can increase your brand awareness, open up opportunities and extend your professional network
- Two of the biggest challenges when expanding your business are: Managing Financials and Managing Staff
- Find your niche market – don’t try and be everything to everyone
- Client care is critical to your business success
- If clients feel they like you and can trust you, and if they think you know what you’re talking about – then they will come back!
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“It takes grace and discipline to not buckle during difficult times” Mish McCormack
“If clients feel they like you and can trust you, and if they think you know what you’re talking about – then they will come back!” Mish McCormack
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
Chantal’s Pic of Hawaii
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast!