Jessica Matthews, M.S., E-RYT500 is an award-winning and industry leading fitness and wellness educator. She is a professor at Point Loma Nazarene where she developed the Masters of Kinesiology in Integrative Wellness program. She also serves as senior advisor for health and fitness education for the American Council on Exercise (ACE). A sought after and trusted media resource, Jessica regularly contributes as a wellness expert to numerous publications and media outlets, including Women’s Health, The Washington Post, and CNN.
What you’ll learn
- How a traditional gym can include Mindful Movement in their facility
- The role instructors play in educating members on a mindful approach
- Recommendations on Mindful resources for owners, managers and instructors
- How a traditional gym can recruit great mindful instructors
- 00:29 Message from our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 01:02 Introducing Jessica Matthews
- 01:58 Message from our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 02:45 How can a traditional gym include Mindful Movement in their facility
- 04:49 What role do instructors play in educating members on a mindful approach?
- 06:37 Recommendations on Mindful resources for owners, managers and instructors
- 10:01 Understanding how facilities are packaging Mindful Movement programs
- 12:16 How can a traditional gym recruit great mindful instructors?
- 22:40 Three actions to incorporate mindfulness into your facility
- 29:30 Come and meet Jessica at IDEA World 2018
- 31:48 Message from our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 32:15 Precor Quick Fire Five with Scott McKenzie
Precor Quick Fire Five
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Where ever you go, there you are – Book recommended by Jessica Matthews https://amzn.to/2GpSjB6
Book recommended by Scott McKenzie The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck https://amzn.to/2IjYNhH